cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App-v 5.0 and BFC v10 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

I'm looking for a bit of assistance with the virtualisation of BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation v10 using App-v 5 sp2. I have sequenced the application a number of times now however I keep coming across the same problem - the interface. The fonts and controls are all too large and this then pushes certain controls out of the viewable area. See below:

I've managed to replicate the issue by running BFC before the mandatory reboot post installation. If I start it at that point, it has the same odd looking interface. After the reboot it looks fine. For some reason the changes that occur during the reboot process are not being captured. I have tried to manually compare the changes to the system after a reboot but have been unsuccessful in determining what change affects the appearance.

The OS I'm sequencing on is Windows Server 2008 R2 in case that makes a difference.

I'm looking for any help at all as I've been at this for about a week. Any help is much appreciated.

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anthony,

If you are using  Windows 2008 R2, could you please check that the following compatibility component is installed :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? familyid=b769a4b8-48ed-41a1-8095-5a086d1937cb&displaylang=en

Regards,

Siwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siwar,

The link you posted just takes me to the downloads centre. Is this the DHTML Editing Control?

If so, this is downloaded by the installer automatically during the installation. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I'm really keen to find out what happens during the reboot process. I'm guessing some DLL's are registered or replaced but I can't seem to track it down. I thought it may have just been a service that needed restarting but I've tried restarting every related service and it stays the same until you reboot the computer.

Thanks,

Anthony

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add that rebooting your system is a technical advice which fix so many issues related to networking, graphics, slow performance, or faulty programs.

By rebooting, everything is reset to its initial state and the operating system begins fresh with a full block of clay.

Bear in mind that this soltion isn’t just limited to Windows computers, but applies to all types of computing devices. You’ll find the advice “try resetting it” applied to wireless routers, iPads, Android phones, and more. This same advice even applies to software — is Firefox acting slow and consuming a lot of memory? Try closing it and reopening it!

Regards,

Siwar