Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techno Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Last 7 years i am working in SAP MM and SRM as a Functional Consultant. But in market, demand is more for SAP Techno Functional Consultant rather Functional Consultant. But i have very less knowledge in ABAP. Can you please guide me on below points

1. For SAP Functional, what are essential to be covered in Technical to become SAP Techno Functional?

2. How to Start learning ABAP? and Where?

3. Can i do self-study? or i can join course?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prasath

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

1) SAP Functional consultant will have intimate knowledge on the domain area, i.e on the specific area.area. Eg : FICO, MM HCM  This is important to understand the business process, so that the application can be customized according to the business requirement.

where as SAP Technical Consultant do technical aspects like writing ABAP code,creating the design flow to the business requirements. in the respective area, they are not much aware of  functional aspects much in some areas , like what is Debit, Credit, logistics supply etc.

2) ABAP in 21 days Text book help you in the initial stage, Follow that and you will gain some fundamental knowledge about that

3) Depending upon your understanding on that book, choose self-study or joining any course.