Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track changes on indirect assignment of roles to users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have been facing an issue where users have roles assigned indirectly(position/job/org unit).

I have checked the relationship between position/org unit and job to find if there are any roles assigned to these position(HRP 1001).

To my surprise there are no roles assigned to any of the position,org unit or job.

Our production system is linked with CUA(Solman) and role assignment is selected as Global.

I have checked both the systems and couldn't find any roles assigned to the position/org unit/job.

These roles are assigned to the users in the year 2005?

I would like to know

1.) How these roles got assigned to the system? Any logs are there to track it down?

2.) either we have to change the CUA setting to local and to run the RHAUTUPD_NEW in production system?

or to run the report RHAUTUPD_NEW in CUA system? am i following the right approach?

Kindly advise and let us know suggestions on this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Julius,

What change log says about these role assignments?

I think  ,Having the system in part of CUA (SCUM setting :role assignment global) and maintaining postion based role assignment is contradictory.

So better to detach the system and perform PFUD(comparison type :HR org mgmet) to make the role assignments up to date and connect it back .

Thanks,krishna