Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide menu option in Content Library - New

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to create a custom copy of the Area Management role for end user. I wish to hide all the options other than "Upload" which we get on click on Area Management -> Content Library -> New .  Basically , an end user should only be able upload documents. Any idea how to achieve this?

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Navya,

You first need to find out what layout set is being used in this iview. You can then modify its renderers and their command groups. Have a look at Flexible User Interface Overview - Knowledge Management & Collaboration - SCN Wiki and  Configuring Flexible User Interface Commands - Knowledge Management & Collaboration - SCN Wi... for more details on how to do this. Note if your iview is using a default SAP delivered layout set then it's recommended you make a copy and modify it instead of modifying the original layout set. You should also find some similar queries on adding or removing commands in previous discussions in this space.

Regards,
Lorcan.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the blog, the section to be modified is in the menu area. I could figure out the layout being used is pccAdminExplorer but in that when i clicked on pccAdminMenu , I couldn't find the options that we see on click of "New" i.e folder, upload , link, article. Is there something called  "NewResource Group" which is used to modify the values ?  If yes then how is the layout linked with "NewResource Group"

Regards,

Navya

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Navya,

ppcAdminMenu uses the pccAdminMassGroup which contains the pccNewResourceGroup. It in turn contains the following groups: pccEntryPointsGroup(expanded),pccAreaFolderGroup(expanded),pccNewBasicResourceGroup(expanded),pccNewDynamicGroup(expanded). If you check each of these you should be able to find the commands you want removed. For example pccNewBasicResourceGroup contains the commands: new_folder,new_file,pcc_new_internal_link_admin.

Remember you have to be very careful with what you change here, you should not modify the SAP default delivered groups as this will impact everywhere these groups are used. Instead you should make copies and modify them instead.

Regards,
Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi navya shetty,

This is a standard iview of sap portal  .so i thing not possible to edit.

Iview Name is Repositories.kindly check following image.

1) Go to your portal content.

2)select-->Content Provided by SAP-->Admin Content-->Content Administrators-->iViews-->Repositories

Right click your repositories and give to preview.