cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0: Problem creating rules in Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

We are doing custom development on SAP Work Manager 6.1.

It is installed on SMP 3.0 SP03 PL02.

I have installed Agentry Eclipse plugin version 7.0.3.605 (From SDK SP03 PL04).

However when trying to create new rules, I cannot reference other objects.

Meaning I can create the rule, but if I want to make a reference to an object, the object browser will

display, but when I choose an element it will not transfer to my field in the rule.

Has anyone seen this behavior, and is there a workaround ?

Best regards,

Søren Hansen

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

It seems like we have found a workaround, but I still think the newest plugin version is bugged.

(who is helping us) suggested a possible workaround, that seems to be working.

When selecting an object field that is not in the context of the rule, right-click the rule field in the structure overview in the right side of the rule editor. By selecting from this view, you are able to select and transfer object fields from objects outside the rule context.

I will create an OSS on this matter as it is clearly a bug in the plugin.

Søren Hansen

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. My case is different but it should work because we did exactly the same in a previous version.

I have a subaction that is looping over a Complex Table, then I created an execution rule to check the values of the current complex table entry and add the ones I want to a collection.

But after creating the executing rule I'm not able to access to any value. I can navigate for instance to a main object property or to the complex table current value, but when I click it, the property path it is not transferred to the rule field. No matter what I select.

I checked SAP download and I see that the last SMP 3.0 SDK version is SP04 PL01. But in PL01 package there is nothing to update the Agentry plugin even in the buglist.txt file is mentioned that a fix to this error (or similar) is fixed for the Agentry plugin. So I can only have the SP04 (without PL01) version which is 7.0.3.605. Do you know if there is a newer version maybe?

Thank you,

Marçal Oliveras

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Soren,

One of the most important things to remember when editing Rules is "Context is Key"!

By this I mean that where the rule is being using determines the context of what objects it can access.  So while you can browse the list of rules from the Application Explorer and view the Rule terms that is fine but when it comes time to edit the rule I do not recommend editing from the Application explorer.  It is always better to navigate to where the rule will be tied and edit from there.  This way it has a better context around what properties are available to browse and add as rule terms.

For example if I am editing a validation rule I would navigate to the transaction it is associated with and from there use the ... button of the validation rule to edit it.  I would not click the rule hyperlink and drill down to the rule property.  Edit from where the rule is associated to it's destination.

Not sure if this is your problem but just a suggestion.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

It is a good point. But even if you get the context right, thereby allowing you to select the fields directly from that context, you may need to do comparisons against objects that are not in the same context.

In my case, I have added an Evaluation rule from an Enable field of an action, which acts on the WorkOrder object. This allows me to select fields from the WorkOrder context. But now I want to compare against a value of another object in the MainObject. When I browse to that object and field, I am able to select it from the browse window, but it is not transferred to my field in the rule editor.

Can you confirm that this feature is working in the latest plugin version (7.0.3.605) for you or one of your colleagues ?

Thanks.

Søren Hansen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you use a 32 or 64 bit version of the Editor?  If you are using 32 bit, I would recommend using 64 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I am actually using a 32-bit Eclipse and plugin version, due to some troubles I have had getting the 64-bit version working on my laptop.

However my colleague is using the 64-bit version and is having exactly the same problem.

So appararently this is not the root cause.

Søren.