cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output characteristics in wwi

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I have different characteristics like brand name, date of manufacture and production line/plant/mfg batch to output in label . They all are referring to the same field which is ATWRT . Now how can I create a parameter symbol for these and output in a label .

Regards,

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M D,

In order to achieve this requirement, I would suggest that you need to create a structure which will have the field specific to Batch Characterstics like - 'Brand Name' / Production line etc.

Through SE11 you can create the structure and have the field type ATWRT.

Then create the report symbols in the SPRO configuration respectively the specific characterstics.

Give Akey Parameter as - 'TABLE'

Expansion TIme - '20'

Table Name - 'YSTRUCTURE'   - 'Custom one created above via SE11'

Field Name - 'Specific Characterstics field'

I would suggest to assign a report group as well - 'YCUSTOM'. Create the Custom report Group in the SPRO configuration. Believing you have an idea for report symbol configuration.

Against the YCUSTOM report group - you can use the FM - 'C12O_PARAMETER_VALUES_SELECT' in the symbol expansion FM or else you can ask your ABAP team to create the similar one and add the code.

And in the Foriegn Key FM field  - you can put your custom FM to get the desired values and pass to the structure.

You can copy the import / export parameters from the FM - 'CBGL_LB60_PAR_DET_BATCH' but write your own logic to calculate the characterstics values and pass to the export parameters.

Hope this help

Thanks,

Abhi

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3591601

Hello Abhi,

I will give it a try . I am stuck with bar code issue . I have mentioned in the following thread for which no one has answered so far .

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Abhi,

Suppose let us take to bring Qty in wwi template . So will there be any twist in  your explanation or will it work if I try the same logic which you provided . Do I need to change any logic for that ?

Regards,

M D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello M D,

Based on my experience and understanding;

Though SAP allows to configure multiple parameter symbols referring the same table and field name, we will have a problem when the value file is generated. All those parameter symbols, referring the same table and field name, will have same value instead of the values that are assigned to the symbols in the code logic.

Hence, as mentioned by Abhijeet, you would need to create a new structure in SE11 and create fields with the different name for production line/plant/mfg batch and assign the type as ATWRT. Then configure the parameter symbol referring the new structure and field name.

It will work fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan Veerapandian.

Answers (0)