SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBM: Shop type level profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP DBM Experts,

At our client there is business process of various shop types within each plant such as small service, large service & Body / paint repair.

There is a requirement to determine the profit center at the level of Shop type level.

As per standard DBM the profit center can be set up at below level:

• Plant
  • Distribution channel
  • Division
  • DBM order reason
  • Material group
  • Profit center

We are implementing SAP DBM 8.0, please guide whether this can be achieved by any standard configuration.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

off course  in DBM customisation under profit center control create new table of criteria and assign it in access sequence

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Yes this approach can be used, however there needs to be a field called shop type at item level to determine the profit center.

There are two new features Job type & Job Id's can this be used to determine the shop type of the individual item & further determine the profit center.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

For DBM the profit center is determined for each internal order created at header level and split level which is passed to accounting document...I am not aware if in DBM 8.0 profit center is determined at item level..if this is the case then it should be from Material master.

what you can suggest is to group the items by internal department for example for bodyshop  2 items, paint - 3item for the same customer and determine the profit center by order type / customer combination.

But structure of DBM CO value flow is such that , i think you need to search for SAP note for profit center at item level ..else you will not be able to use profitability analysis since you end up one profit center at internal order of split billing and actual accounting document with difference profit centers at line item level

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Just a thought at a very top level...
Is it not possible to map Shop Types with Distribution Channels and create different DC for different Shop Types?

Is there a need to perform small service, large service and body repairs within the same DBM order?

Regards,
Suhas K U

0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Thanks for your input, we analyzed this option already. Since there is a clear need of Small service & Large service in same service order.

Thus this cannot be done through distribution channel.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I think you have to split the order 100% again to different order type i.e. small repair, bodyshop for those items etc so system will determine the new profit center based on order type combination at split level. Please share if you can find some good solution, because in one of my project I struggled with same and end up above solution.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Actually this is the last option we have kept in our mind , incase nothing works out.

I'm hoping that we can use job catalogue or job type for this purpose & enhance the profit center table to add either of these parameters (job type or job Id) to determine the profit center at individual job level.

Not sure whether it will work. I'm testing this scenario & lets see.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki