Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational key

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one help me to find out how this Org key forms 14 character code and defaults in IT0001

Could any explain to me how this has come. in VDSK1 default value is 01

Can any one help me out please to understand?

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Can you please share IT0001 screenshot and VDSK1 screenshot?

I think when you ask query, you should be generous with providing information. Your attached screenshot doesn't help much

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Extremely sorry for not providing much information on it. Here i explain in detail.

feature return value has been mentioned as 01 here, when i look at the configuration Default/Validation field has been given as 5, combination is like 4 characters of Personnel area and another 10 characters of Cost Center.

my personnel area is SE20 and cost center is NMJUK78521, so org key comes in default as SE20NMJUK78521 when we hire initially, but later when we change the Cost center and Personnel are for him still the old org unit remains as default in IT0001,

I would like to know why?

thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

check the configuration settings in your system:

SPRO > PM > PA > Organizational Data > Organizational Assignment > Setup Organizational Key

Organizational key: Maintain feature VDSK1 - (Organizational key default values are defined in the feature VDSK1. Change the existing node to the rule you have created to make it the default Organizational Key in IT0001, while hiring)

Organizational key: Control - ( Assign the Validation to the rule you are going to create)

Organizational key: Creation rules - (Create the rule according to your requirements. If you want to combine two fields to form the Organizational Key then create the rule with two sequential numbers. For example, WERKS (Personnel Area) and KOSTL (Cost Center) fields can be combined to form the Organizational Key.)

Organizational key: Validation

If you not maintained the VDSK1 feature system default will take the PA as Org. key. And read the help document, you will understand the concept.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Praneeth has given step by step configuration for organization key. I think this should resolve your issue. I don't have anything more to add to this.

If you still have any doubts, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Below is the feature VDSK1 maintained in my system:

I understand that based on above feature org key will be combination of PA + CC. But in production i noticed that for an employee org key is defaulted as expected but for another employee only PA is displayed even though CC is maintained. Below is the snap shot for both the employee. Can you please explain this.

Thanks,

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks for your explanation. i got it now.

Regards,

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am sriram tamil who raised this question, i have understood the things from Praneeth Explanation. But Sriram rajagopalan another SAP expert. who asked some query.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

i think otherwise in the future confusing the system, please expand the tree give it specifically for country grouping or personnel are,subarea,

then it will work.

Thanks

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Sorry for not attaching the screenshot. here you go

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

The value of the Org. Key field can be set either by the feature VDSK1 or by an enhancement (User Exit, BAdI, Dynamic Action, Custom Program within the framework of Infotype 0001, etc).

First we need to examine the Feature VDSK1 - apparently the problem is there:

I suggest you first copy the VDSK1 feature to a new one (e.g. ZVDSK) and then change the VDSK1 feature that it will always return the value '01' under any conditions. Don't forget to activate the feature. Lets see if the problem is solved:

• If yes, then we will be sure that the problem is inside the feature.
  • If not - we can go through the other possibilities.

Regards,

Liran

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azury,

I am afraid i dont get your answer actually here.  If you look at my screenshot there is 14 character code is defaulted in IT0001, May i know how it has defaulated there.??

I can see the return value as 01, how 01 brings this 14 character code

Thanks

Sriram