cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GURUS, I have the following situation and I would like all your HELP!!

My client has bank accounts only in MXN (Mexican Pesos) and what they do is through different BP´s they give the instructions to pay their international vendors in different currencies (EUR, BRL, etc...)

HOW should I configure the TRM-FX if I need to capture the FX operation with the BP that Im closing the deal with and also make the payment to the vendor?? I know TRM by standard doesnt consider payments to vendor sub ledgers.

I have an Open Account Payable to ABC for 100 EUR

and I close an FX deal with HSBC for 1600 MXN so HSBC pays ABC the 100 EUR.

Thanks in advance!

Federico G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help.....

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

You shall add this in deal not in BP, I'm sorry i mistakenly mention that.

In deal when you enter new intermediate bank or BP in Payment section under payer/Payee tab system will automatically take this into account for the payment.

Regards,

Jain

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Federico.

Jain meant"Payment details" tab in transaction

Enter direction of the payment (minimum)

Double click to outgoing payment

If you want to make payment to customer/vendor subledgers - select "Posting to customer"

And below you'll find "Payment" block with "payer/payee" field.

In this field you can enter other then BP from your transaction to whom you have to make payment.

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Grigoriy,

Thanks for rephrasing my point.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Federico G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Federico G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grigoriy,  Im getting some errors still... and looking in detail to your post you are entering the payer/payee details in the "Outgoing" flow, but this flow is from my MXN (local Bank) into a temporary account. The incoming Flow the EUR (foreign exchange) is the one that I need to be posted to the vendor whom is in Europe. After implementing your suggestion in "TBB1: using vendor subledger for postings in TRM." when trying to execute TBB1, the message reads " You have not assigned partner &1 to a customer" 

Do you have any ideas?

Best Regards,

Federico G.

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Federico

You can use the following transactions to link custom/vendor to BP:

FLBPD2 - Link Business Partner to Customer

FLBPC2 - Link Business Partner to Vendor

You can find them here: SAP Menu -> Accounting -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Business Partners -> Special Functions -> ...

First link customer as customer is standard to whom we pay. That's why system issued the error to you.

Then link vendor to BP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you fast response, but in the Transaction Details the BP I should enter my Vendor ABC or the intermediary bank HSBC? or should I combine some how (I dont know) the data in Payee/Payer because in your example is the same as the BP in the operation.

If you need me to upload images of the example...

Best Regards

Federico G.

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use payer/payee tab in business partner, It will address your issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain, thanks for your answer but I couldnt find that specific Tab in BP. It appears in what BP role? what info should I enter?

Best Regards

Federico G.