cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order not transferring business partner function to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a new Quality client and I am doing the necessary configuration to connect it with our GTS Quality client.  We are running GTS 7.2.

To make it easier in the future I've decided to set up a Feeder System Group that we can add Quality clients to and not have to do a lot of configuration each time.  Here are the steps I've done:

1.  Created a new logical system for the new quality client

2.  Created a new feeder system group

3.  Assigned both the new feeder client and the quality GTS client to the feeder system group.

4.  Assigned the company code and plants to the new feeder system group

5.  Assigned the partner functions to the feeder system group

6.  Assigned the sales document types and item categories to the feeder system group. 

The new sales document is created and transferred to GTS.   I then go in to display blocked documents and my new sales document shows up.  When I check the log for why it is blocked I get the error "None of the partner functions to be checked are in the document".  This error shows at the line item level for SPL.

When I look at the document that has been transferred to GTS in the Partner tab I see that the Partner was transferred by the field for the partner function is blank/empty.  I believe this is what is causing my problem but I do not understand why that field is not transferring over.

I think I'm missing something in the configuration set up but I cannot figure out what.

Thank you for any help!

Tami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor

Hi Tami,

The error message is coming from the Embargo check routine because none of the configured Partner Functions are found in the set of partners transferred from the feeder system.

If the partners in the document are missing their Partner Function, then there must be warning messages in the transfer log.  I don't think those logs are so easy to check in GTS 7.2, but try running Transaction SLG1 with Object = /SAPSLL/CUHD_MAP and Sub-Object /SAPSLL/CUHD_MAP_INB for the relevant date range.  You may find your document(s) showing the message "No mapping information exists for partner function xx".

If you do find applicable messages in the logs, then of course the next step is working out how to fix the problems.  When mapping the Partner Functions, please remember that the codes needed in the configuration table are the "native" (i.e. German) ones, not the English translations that you know and love.  For example, the Sold-To partner function is 'AG', not 'SP'.  Maybe that helps?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I found the logs in SLG1.  I just ran it wide open without the objects and was able to find the information you are talking about.  The error message it is reporting is "None of the partner functions to be checked are in the document."  I looked at the embargo configuration and it's wanting to see these partner functions, AG, RE, RG, WE, EN, etc.  I do have those partner functions mapped and I am using the German ones. 

You said that you think there should be a warning telling me why the partner function is not transferring along with the partner.  I'm not seeing that kind of warning, only the fact that the functions aren't in the document.    This is more of a log telling me why the document is blocked. 

Is there possibly another log other than SLG1 that would give me different information?  A log showing the transfer of the doc from ECC to GTS?

Thanks.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tami,

Running SLG1 with the parameters I gave, should just give you the transfer logs, and filter out the compliance logs for the same document(s).

I'll think some more about the likely causes...

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run SLG1 with your parameters it's not showing any problems.  There are logs of the data being transferred but there's no extra information and all the lights are green.  I'll keep poking around this morning and let you know if I find anything.    I'm wondering if there's something on the ECC side that I don't have right.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tami,

You could also take a look at the table entries for your document partners in GTS - that might be revealing...

• Using SE16, first select from table /SAPSLL/CUHD with the GTS Document Number and Year, to find the GUID (field GUID_CUHD).
  • Then select from table /SAPSLL/CORPAR using that GUID in field GUID_MOBJ, and value 'O' (that's the capital letter o, not zero) in field MOBJT.
  • In the partner entries, is the Partner Function actually blank, or does it contain some other value?

From what I see in the program code, it's difficult to understand how you have ended up with blank Partner Functions but no logged errors.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

The partner function field is showing an *  in table /sapsll/corpar.  When I was doing some configuration I saw some of the partner functions were mapped to *.  This happened when I did the Automatic Transfer Partner function instead of doing it manually.  I'm going to go back into configuration and remove those astericks replacing them with the actual partner function and try again.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, I reckon you've found the problem there!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remapped some of the partner functions that I knew we were using such as AG and WE and several others.  I transported it to my quality environment and I'm still having the same problem.  No partner function transferring to GTS.  I thought we'd figured it out. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamy,

Can you check entries in table /sapsllcorpar now?

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tami,

If there are some Partner Functions that aren't relevant for GTS, then you should find or create a suitable entry (I used to create a "dummy" entry in GTS), and assign those Partner Functions to that entry; then mark them to be "excluded".

These days, GTS is tolerant of un-mapped Partner Functions.  Back in 7.2, it throws an error, so you have to attend to them.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the /sapsll/corpar table again and the partner function field is still filled with an asterick *.

Based on Dave's response below I'm going to try to remap all the partner functions, not just the ones I needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Do you mean I should map all partner functions from ECC to GTS even if we're not using them in ECC?  I would map them and assign them to a GTS dummy partner function (which we already have) and then mark as excluded.  Or should I only map the partner functions from ECC that I know we use?

Tami

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tami,

For performance reasons, if nothing else, you should clean up in ECC, and remove un-needed Partner Functions from the SD and MM procedures.  That will save a lot of work for you in GTS.

Then, make sure you map in GTS all Partner Functions that could possibly be transferred (some ignorant user is occasionally bound to add something like a "Cleaning Firm" partner for no good reason, and wreck the transaction otherwise).  Then you're safe, and your problem here won't be repeated.

Of course, it makes no sense to have to map Partner Functions that are then excluded, but that's just the way it is with GTS!

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done some clean up and reentered all the partner type mappings.  I'm still having the same problem.  The business partner function field in the /sapsll/corpar table is still marked with an * when the data is transferred.  To me everything looks correct.  I've compared it with our production system and they look identical.  I'm going to keep digging and will let you know if I find anything else strange or if I find something that works.

Any other suggestions?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tami,

Remember that the mappings may be made at both System or System Group level - make sure that you check both tables (/SAPSLL/TLERVS and /SAPSLL/TLERGS).

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good news!  That fixed it.  You were correct in your last post that I needed to check the system and the system group level.  I had been playing around in the System partner mapping section just trying to get this to work and those values were still there.  Once I removed all the mappings from the System level section we were good to go.

Thank you for all the help!  Much appreciated.

Tami

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratibha,

you can try using EXIT_SAPLSLL_LEG_CDPIR3_002.

Also, you can consider using Documnet types at both Header and Item level to store your information which will allow you to do it without restricting how much data you want to bring over to GTS Declaraitons. Thanks.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Dave/Rajesh,

What is the significance of document types to transfer additional fields?I have to transfer RMA(Return,repair,replenishment) Specific sales order additional fields from ecc , but i am not able to these fields in sales order ? How can i find these fields:- refurbished indicator, defective/delivery indicator, serial no. of defective order.Is there any way to find these fields in ecc?

suppose i find these fields than how can i check whether the 2nd user exit that you have suggested is transfering data to GTS?

Which parameter of User exit is used to do so?

Is there any transaction to check in ECC(to transfer fields of sales order) & GTS ?

0 Kudos

Hi Dave/Rajesh,

What is the significance of document types to transfer additional fields?I have to transfer RMA(Return,repair,replenishment) Specific sales order additional fields from ecc , but i am not able to these fields in sales order ? How can i find these fields:- refurbished indicator, defective/delivery indicator, serial no. of defective order.Is there any way to find these fields in ecc?

suppose i find these fields than how can i check whether the 2nd user exit that you have suggested is transfering data to GTS?

Which parameter of User exit is used to do so?

Is there any transaction to check in ECC(to transfer fields of sales order) & GTS ?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Honestly speaking, I can't see any relationship between your questions and the original thread.  Perhaps you should create a new question, with suitable title?

Regards,

Dave

Answers (0)