cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Versions of VS Does Each Version of the SDK Work With?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PAM only talks about the versions of the .NET Framework - not the versions of VS.  And there basically is no Developer Guide since sometime in early BI 4.0 that might have this info.

I have a client who is having issues with their BI 4.0 SP6 code after migrating from VS 2010 to VS 2013.  Based on conversations around which versions of Crystal for VS will work in which versions of VS, I'm almost certain that this version of the SDK is not supported in VS 2013.  But I'd like to have "official" documentation to show them and a URL I can point them to where they can get this information as new versions of VS come out.

Thanks!

-Dell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dell

I can always count on you asking DE greatest of questions

The "party line" is; it is not the app you will be working in that is supported or not, it is the framework. Thus that BI 4.0 SDK for .NET will work in Delphi, or VS 2013 as long as these support the framework BI 4.0 works with (e.g.; 3.5 and 4.0). Now. Since the BI 4.x SDK is only to be used in managed applications, there is no craxddrt.dll version 14.x installed and thus no CR designer in the .NET IDE. I have never seen this documented in an official type of doc. However the BI 4.0 PAM says:

Contrast this with 'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET". As the install of this product does incorporate the craxddrt.dll into VS to give us the CR designer in the .NET IDE, there is a dependency on the correct version of VS (e.g.; SP 10 for VS 2013, SP 4(?) for VS 2012).

I suppose all of this boils down to; yes, migrating BI 4.0 SP6 code from VS 2010 to VS 2013 should work.

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting...  However, this client's code stopped working correctly shortly after they upgraded it to VS 2013.  I'm going to dig into it further - it's code that I wrote for them @2 years ago, but they've updated and made changes.  Fortunately, they have it under version control, so I may be able to compare the pre- and post- upgrade versions of the code.

Thanks, Ludek!

-Dell

Answers (0)