cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Freely programmed input help in FPM Search UIBB?

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

We have a requirement to create search UIBB in which the input field should have a freely programmed input help.

I see that WD_VALUE_HELP parameter can be set to the component name and it displays the freely programmed help as well in the application.

However, I am still digging to implement the search help open and close events of the component.

I have used the Freely programed value help standard demo object  " FREE_VALUE_HELP "  which shows the value in the help popup however, the selected value is not returned in the input field.

I am also unable to find any Interface as provided for implementing OVS in search UIBB as well...

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

I have got this problem solved so closing the discussion.

Helpful link for reference :

Assignments in the Field Description - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

Thanks for visiting !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone !

Response awaited 🙂

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha Saxena,

Could you check demo_value_help web dynpro application? It contains examples of different search helps.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked this WDA application demo_value_help .... but it is a normal WDA application.

However, I want use freely programmed search help in Search UIBB using FPM.

I found that we can provide the component name used as freely programmed search help in the attribute WD_VALUE_HELP of Interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/03/f2474b6d9a49f4b5a3ed6f04decf22/content.htm?frameset...

And it displays the search help as well when I do F4 on the field of Search UIBB. But, we need to provide event handler for events - VH_WINDOW_CLOSED and VH_WINDOW_OPENED of the search help component (Component which is provided in WD_VALUE_HELP) some where in the Feeder class, in order to get the selecteed data from the search help, which I am unable to do.

Do you have any idea of such implementation?

Appreciate your response!