Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KABA connection issue - program not registered

jay_johnson4
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to troubleshoot a connection error between SAP and KABA.  I have the RFC created in SAP and when I test the connection I get a program not registered.  The KABA "amsproc" service on the KABA side has been restarted, we have occasionally received a password locked message in the SAP system log after restarting the KABA service (I believe this means SAP and KABA are communicating).  We have since reset the password, but we can not successfully test the RFC and when attempting to send IDOC's out we get the program not registered error.  Is there something on the SAP side that needs to be done to register the program or is starting the service on the KABA side going to register the program with SAP?  Any assistance would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We are currently facing a similar issue...

The KABA user login details on the application and on the SAP system match, but we are getting a login failure, and then locking the account... Did you find any resolution?

0 Kudos

Hope this helps

Starting point in SAP

Port via WE21 - KABAGPD100, points to an RFC. 

RFC updated to KABAGQT100

RFC updated as follows:

Program ID – Updated to match KABA, changed from BC_GPD_100 to BC_GQT_100

Gateway host – updated to usat1valgz101

Gateway service – updated to sapgw00

Confirmed SAP user ID was not locked and that KABA had the correct password

Starting Point in KABA

After KABA and SAP were updated.

KABA service was restarted.

SAP RFC tested successfully via SM59. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply! We got out issue sorted in a similar way. Changed login credentials on user, then re-started all the KABA ERP services on the server (previously we were just re-starting the amsproc). Seems to have sorted the issue.

Thanks again!

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Regarding the problem with the user getting locked in SAP I have an idea that might be worth looking at: what kind of technology does this KABA system use for RFC communication? If it is an older version of librfc32.dll or an older version of JCo 2, the problem could be caused by the "new" passwords available since R/3 Kernel release 7.00.

In older releases the password used to be 8 characters, all UPPERCASE, while starting with 7.00 passwords of length 40 characters with mixedCase are possible. Older versions of librfc32.dll and JCo did not yet support the new passwords, so if the user has a long and/or mixedCase password and KABA still uses an older RFC technology, the password might get truncated after 8 chars and/or converted to UPPERCASE, causing a login failure. -- And after a few attempts the user will get locked.

Workaround: give the user a password with at most 8 chars, all UPPERCASE.

Best Regards, Ulrich