Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDoc for Shipment via Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an outbound IDoc for shipment and set a logical system ECC60CXXX as partner. However, at the output of VT02N, when I added the output type defined, the sold-to-party was imported automatically as the partner number. If I changed it to the logical system number I wanted to use, an error said '

Maintain outgoing EDI-connection data for partner ECC60CXXX'. How can I set the partner number to the logical system?

Best regards,

ts

12 REPLIES 12

former_member215575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If it is really required it has to be maintained in NACE transaction.

NACE >> Select relevant application >> Output Types >> Select Output type and choose Partner functions >> Maintain entry for Logical system (LS).

But I suppose it is not required to maintain logical system in output type.

0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Thank you for your reply. I've already set as what you said but it seems irrelevant. Are there any specify requirements for outbound IDoc for LS? Most of the time when I define outboud IDoc for LS, it doesn't work.

Regards,

ts

0 Kudos

What is the actual issue? or you not able to generate IDoc?

For the Output what do you set as Medium? EDI (6) or ALE (A) ??

Is partner profile maintained with partner under 'Logical System' (LS) or 'Customer' (KU)?

0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Is it possible to maintain outbound parameters for a LS partner while not configure the distribution model?

Regards,

ts

0 Kudos

Distribution model needs to be maintained for Partner system 'LS'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set the RFC for the Logical System ?

If not: SM59 and create a new RFC for the lgical system. It is important the RFC name have THE SAME name of the Logical System. You have to set the RFC with logon data, connection data and so on.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Yes, I maintained RFC connection.

0 Kudos

Did you add the messge type in the partner profile ?

Transaction WE20. Then click on the logical system ECC60CXXX and add in the rigth side the message type.

0 Kudos

Yes, I added.

0 Kudos

you have to set both the end on the right CLIENT

Sending logical system -> set the message type as outbound (on the sending client)

Receiving logical system -> set the message type as inbound (on the receiving client)

former_member215575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Back to initial question..

Configuration being done in Partner profile (WE20 >> message type and process code) and Distribution model (Model View >> sending and receiving systems with message type assuming no filters), after output type is added and not changing the default 'Sold-to-party', are you facing any problem in generating IDoc? 

0 Kudos

Yes. I set the default to LS.