Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBase error (security related) - approving ZMCR ChaRM

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are using ZMCR (Change Request) in CRM Web Client UI (Solution Manager 7.1).

We have a security related issue that we are trying to figure out.

Basically, the REQUESTOR is creating a Change Request (ZMCR). The Requestor, in this case, has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW. The CR submits OK with no errors.

The APPROVER then comes along and APPROVES the CR. The CR approves OK with no errors.

Obviously we don't want Requestor having SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW...so these profiles are removed and the Requestor performs the same actions:

The REQUESTOR creates a Change Request (ZMCR). The Requestor, in this case does NOT have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW but just their generic Requestor security roles. The CR submits OK with no errors.

The APPROVER then comes along and APPROVES the CR. The CR DOES update to Approved status, however the error "Current IBase component is not in an active IBase" appears. Because of this error, the CR cannot be handed over to Development.

You can see the error in the screenshot above. As you can see, the status has changed to Approved, even though the error appears. This is definitely security related as providing SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW to the Requestor fixes the issue when the Approver approves.

I can't figure out what security is needed. Please assist!!!!!

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I apologise because this turned out to be pretty simple!!!

As I thought, it was definitely security related. SAP_SOCM_REQUESTOR, for some reason, had some auth objects not generated  within the role. I made these active and regenerated the role...and it works.

Thanks for everyones replies and sorry for something so simple!!!!!

Cheers
Shaun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaun,

Have yuo checked note 1907494 - Current IBase component is not in an active IBase - Solution Manager 7.x ?

Also run IB52 provide installed base - 1, component no 3792  then go to installation -> functions -> activate <-> deactivate and check if deactivate funciont could be set.

BR,

K.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

This is urgent as we can't go live with ChaRM until this is fixed. I may have to raise an OSS Incident with SAP. Here is a screenshot of the error in Application Log (transaction SLG1):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaun,

Make sure you generated correct Ibase  for target system (Example- QR3 CLIENT 600). Check in managed system setup for system QR3 600 and re- try it.

*The Installed Base for all systems/clients assigned to the Logical Component (which is assigned to your Project) should exist. Please try to generate the IBase to all clients, review your Logical Component and try it

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To check manually whether the activities have been performed, choose the navigation link to access Basic Configuration -> Maintain systems in IBase.

Cheers

Sateesh.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh, my IBase setup/generation looks fine. Plus IT IS working when the Requestor has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

This is why I have drawn the conclusion it must be security related.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

which role is assigned to Requester and Approver.?

Assign the below composite role and check it.

SAP_CM_REQUESTER_COMP  - Requester

SAP_CM_CHANGE_MANAGER_COMP - Approver

Rg,

Karthik

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Yes, the Requestor and Approver have these roles.

Soon as I give the Requestor SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW the issue is resolved.

So I don't believe it's a problem with IBase setup/generation etc. It must be security related, right?

Thanks

Shaun