Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FI Certified with End User Experience looking for advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody my name is Alejandro Murguia and I am from Mexico, I already have a certificate as a SAP consultant in the module FI but after get my certification I just worked as end user but I would like to increase my knowledge in SAP and start working as a real consultant, but now I don't know how to start. Maybe someone here have some good suggestions, thank you in advance.

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - changing title from doubts!!! to something more meaningful

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

You can read SAP FI SCN articles, forums (real time problems are posted) and SAP FI Books to advance your knowledge on it.  If you look at most of questions in SCN blogs, forums have been posted by real time consultants who work on projects.  So, it gives you more knowledge what they discuss.  The word "Real" states that you have to apply for SAP consultant job and get into SAP real time support / Implementation consultant, that gives you more hands on knowledge compare to anything.

You can check this link

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Thank you a lot I am gonna read to start those articles it seems they have really interesting information. I really appreciated your advice.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

It is good that you have end user experience along with SAP certification.. Now, when you learn the configuration, it will make more sense because you can appreciate what the configuration is for

To work as a consultant, you will have to float your resume in the local job portals, get in touch with the Job consultants / placement firms to get yourself a break through in the SAP Consulting

Read the SCN Articles/Documents to update your knowledge on the topic of your choice. SAP FI itself is a broad topic

Assess yourself on how good are you in terms of SAP Configuration knowledge because that is the KEY to become a SAP Consultant

Br, Ajay M

0 Kudos

Actually that is what why I took this job I was expecting to understand SAP as an end user but still I would prefer to work as consultant