0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a dashboard, where the data is like

Q    850

W   630

E    330

R    490

T     520

When I create a simple bar chart, as far as I understood, I can either have no sorting, sort according to the data or sort alphabetically. Options 2 and 3 are of no use for me, as I'd like to keep the order as it is in my data.

When I do no sorting, the order is turned upside down, and the chart comes like this

T 520

R 490
E 330

W 630

Q 850

But I'd like to display the chart exactly like my data is, how can this be achieved?

Thanks,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp

It is not sorting the data - it simply considers the bottom most value to be the first and top most as the last. So which ever algorithm you are using to bring the data in Q-W-E-R-T order modify that to bring in T-R-E-W-Q order and then make sure NOT to enable any sorting. You will see the data in the order you want.

Hope this helps

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I'm afraid that this is not quite what I wanted to hear (I don't really like to change my data just for presenting it...), but when this is the only way to keep the order I want, then I'll do it like that, thanks!

Philipp

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Chart is trying to display the values from the start of the axis that is the reason you are getting the values upside down.

Try the reverse order in category labels you can get the original order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

the problem is, that my values are not in the correct alphabetical order - not A-B-C-D-E, but e.g. Q-W-E-R-T, and Dashboards brings them into alphbetical order (E-Q-R-T-W or W-T-R-Q-E if inverted), which is what I don't want!

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are correct, its sorting in the way you append the data, as i said above its displaying the values front the axis level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

😞

I can't believe that there is no way to keep my order stable?!?!