Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FI/MM certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am 32 and have been a SAP Business Objects trainer for the past 2 years. Before that, I am doing SAP unrelated jobs (mostly on reporting). However, I have been finding it hard to find any jobs as I wanted to get industry experience. So I plan to take up a SAP certification - most probably SAP FI but I dont have any finance background (majored in IT and Marketing). Was hoping I can clarify on the following ques:

1) Should i take SAP FI/SAP MM? which one is easier to get into at entry level. Was thinking to start out as data entry in a SAP company as I dont mind starting at the very bottom.

2) Thinking to migrate to Aus. What kind of job roles/job titles do u think I should focus on should I have a SAP FI certification.

Would appreciate any feedback that you have.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Megan,

I would advice to read these articles by since he is a "guru" in this topic.

And probably you will be able to find more articles in this space

There are lot of articles and discussions about FI certification and so on.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Megan,

I would advice to read these articles by since he is a "guru" in this topic.

And probably you will be able to find more articles in this space

There are lot of articles and discussions about FI certification and so on.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

In my personal view, you can continue to do SAP Business Objects and get a certification on it.  You have already worked as a trainer, so you can take the same certification.  Australia has been posting lot of jobs in SAP Business Objects in last 6 months.

If you do SAP FI and SAP MM, you can't add SAP Business Objects into your CV. Do a well research before taking SAP FI and SAP MM because you will have lot of competitions in Australia market with experienced guys compare to SAP BO.  Again, getting the first job as a fresher another challenge in Australia and New Zealand in my personal experience.  You have to have a large networking base in LinkedIn to get what you want.

Take a wise decision if you are targeting Australia, however if you get a job as fresher immediately then it is purely your luck and hard work.

Best of luck.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Megan,

I would suggest NOT to do any FI / MM Certification, unless you have special reasons to do it.

Being a BO Consultant, you should concentrate on BO / its certification. There is a lot of demand for BO in particular. You can also shift towards HANA or other emerging technologies.

In FI / MM, there is huge competition, I would suggest NOT to shift from your BO to FI / MM. Being a non finance professional, it would very difficult sustain in SAP FI. However, it would always be good learn SAP Finance, as it is very much correlated to SAP BO for reporting requirements.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi