cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SAP Mobile Documents (Cloud) and Active Directory (OnPremise)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

I am beginner of SAP Mobile Documents (SMD).

Let me know how to connect SMD (Cloud) and Active Directory (On Premise) to login authentication.

Is there step by step guide or good material to know?

After this configuration I will connect Sharepoint as a corporate repository.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

as we are using the idententy managemant that comes with the SAP HANA Cloud you can have a look at this documentation: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

It describes how to change from SAP ID Service to a Corporate Identity Provider.

As I assume that your SharePoint as well as you Active Directory is within the your corporate network and not rechable from the Internet you will also need the SAP HANA Cloud Connector see here: SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

For the connection of SharePoint you have basically two possiblities you can connect it with a static user a so called service user connection in mobile documents (this also does not require to change your IDM to your Active Directory) or you can use kerberos which enables which then passes the current user to the SharePoint but requires to have the same IDM for your Cloud account and the SharePoint.

I hope that this information is going to help you.

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alex

Thank you for your reply.

It was helpful.

As you mentioned SAP HANA Cloud Platform connect SAML2 based Id provider.

So I will connect Mobile Documents with ADFS as Idp.

I have 2 question I can't be convinced

1) SAML2 is Web UI based Authentication, It appear WebUI based Login screen.

So for Web browser it is ok but for Native application it is problem.

because Native application don't use browser based login screen.

2) Normally AD is within the company network.

Maybe Login screen's URL is within the company network.

So from within company network it is ok but from internet is is problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

you're right the described way only works for SAML2 which is used by the Web based UI. For our clients we require basic authentication, there are multiple ways to achieve this. As there is some configuration that needs to be done from us anyway I would suggest that you open a ticket on the SAP Mobile Documents component (BC-SRV-MCM) then we can have a look at your scenario and decide on the way to go forward.

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that SAML2 is not good for Native Mobile Documents Client app and normally it is available only within the company network because AD is located within the company network.

Could you let me know more detail about ticket?

you mean sap support portal ?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes exactly I mean the SAP support portal. Basically I just want to use the ticket for initial contact as I don't want to share my email, phone etc. within here .

Best regards
Alex