cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page breaks of nested tables in AdobeForms

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a big problem with the page break of a nested table. I am not able to let the inner table evoke an page break when it is necessary. It even overlays my content area! So generally the form I am developing is an order confirmation.

On each position (outer table) i have to print the schedule lines of this position (inner table). this inner table can get very large.

I searched the whole internet for this:

I tried various pagination options.

Turned my inner table into a subform.

"Allow page breaks within content" are all checked.

No success.

I am using lifecycle designer ES3 Version 10.4.0.20121103.1.882846

The attached screenshot visualizes the problem. I have as well attached the XDP and XFD.XML File.

The XDP file is named xdp.xml because SCN does not allow do upload filetype *.xdp Just rename it to something.xdp and lifecycle designer should be able to open it.

The inner table is named "SCHEDULE_LINES" and is nested within table "ITEM_DETAIL" which is represented as a subform.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

I am really desperate.

Regards

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

There are two issues that are causing your form not to page break.

1.  The subform BODY->ITEM_DETAIL->DATA is not set to allow page breaks.

2.  The subform BODY->ITEM_DETAIL->DATA->SECOND_DATA_H is set as "Positioned" so no data contained within this subform will flow onto a next page.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten

Are all relevant subforms' content set to "flow"? (in object->subform pallete)

0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

thanks for your answer. Yes. If I start from the inner table and set all the outer subforms to flowed I have still the same problem.

I tried different constellations as well. So for instance I tried to set some subforms (within the hierarchy path to my inner table) to positioned and some others to flowed. I played as well with the "allow page breaks within content" of all these subforms.

No luck so far 😞

I tried now something different:

I used the same XFD File of my example and processed a PDF Preview of the SAP Standard Form SD_SDOC_FORM01. This is possible since I copied my form from SD_SDOC_FORM01 and the Interface is identical.

The same problem is occurring there as well. There is an inner table (in attached screenshot you see the problem on the inner table TABLE_ATBEZ_ATWTB which relates to Configuration/Konfiguration). This inner table is too big of the page and instead of evoking a page break it overlays the content area.

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know all subforms have to be flowed & "allow page breaks within content".

You may have missed out a subform high up the hirarchi (or down) - double check.

Regards

Shai

0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

I checked the complete hierarchy upwards the inner table. I set all subforms to be flowed and aloo page breaks within content.

Still the same problem 😞

Regards

Thorsten

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Remove the check "Allow page breaks within content" from inner table. You should keep this check only on the outer table.

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

thanks for you answer.

I tried it but this does not solve the problem.

regards

Thorsten

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

The text is overlapping on the Inner table. It means that text is in the master page. And the content area should be adjusted only till the top of where the text starts to print. And I think you have stretched the content area to occupy the whole page. What I mean to say is that, the text should not be placed inside the content area. The text should be outside the content area.

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

thanks for your reply. The problem is that I have not streched the content area to occupy the whole page see attached screenshot. Still the inner table is overlapping.