cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Application with Odata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , Can we create agnetry application with Odata in SMP 3.0 ? Thanks & Regards ,   Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

a blog on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully created an Agentry application that consumes OData using SMP 3.0 Server SP04 and SMP 3.0 SDK SP05.

In the DSE in the Eclipse editor you will now see an option for OData data sources. You can connect through a URI and generate the appropriate steps to do CRUD in your app. The Connector Studio works in much the same way as it does for SQL data sources.

Note, you have to enter the URI on the backend tab of your application in the management cockpit for it to work. Presumably this is so you can develop with one data source and use a different one in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

I am working on requirement in which i have to consume Odata service. I just want data under my agentry's collection by using Odata service(get method). Please provide me through a screen shot for clear understanding.

Regards:

Sumit Gupta

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Please open a new thread with your question so you can manage the thread.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I'm trying to use a OData connection to a Data Source in Oracle DB, but I don't find a tutorial to do it with a test.

I'm using SMP 3.0 SP05 in Linux

Eclipse Kepler in Windows

Agentry

I'm trying to use Eclipse DSE to access to the OData Connection an use the Connector Studio to create a test project with Agentry.

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

You should probably start a new thread to make sure your question gets more attention but all you need to do is enter the URL for the service you wish to access in the wizard and it should work. I'll see if I can post a screen shot of what I used.

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

This example uses a service root URI from the SAP FlightBooking Demo service.

Once you connect you'll see a screen that looks like this:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Support for Agentry oData backend connections will start to appear in SMP 3.0 SP04 and continue in SP05.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen Streeter / Bill , If i used  http/xml  connection then as per my understanding , we have to use Java layer to connection between Agenrty and Backend . May i right ? if its then can you please suggest some steps how i will call SAP backend services in in Middleware Java (Connection Between Agnetry and Backend). Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

No, the HTTP/XML connection type could possibly be used in place of the Java connection or you could use the Java connection to make the HTTP/XML calls.  Both are valid options depending on your requirements.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill / Stephen  , Thanks for your replay ... But I am confused with how to do XML data mapping with Agentry object . I have created SAP Backend workorder bapi as XML services . and also understood i can make http/xml connection to consume this bapi . as i said how to do mapping and download work order data in frontend . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the current release SP03 Agentry doesn't have a oData connection.  Just a normal http/xml connection.