Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processes&Forms: Workflow processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some doubts regarding workflow processing of process&forms:

1. I need to have a scenario step executed in background.

2. The objective of this scenario step is to add an attachment to that scenario step

Any hints how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Carla Sousa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VERY easy....

1. There is a STANDARD task delivered by SAP to perform scenario form steps in the background. USE IT!

2. You could do this either (a) using the task to do a background form step to do this, but then your step would need a backend generic service config'd for it to do the "attachment". or (b) the easier way, just have a task execute your own custom ABAP method to do the attachment (it could read the process number that you bind to it, then pick up what ever...or all...form fields you need to then figure how/what to attach. To do the attachment, use SAP's own standard functions/methods for adding an attachment to a process(hunt down their code....don't have access at the moment to find it for you...pretty easy though).

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I will analyse how to do it as ,according to you, is VERY easy.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Carla

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The functions/methods are really straightforward. Just look at how SAP does it (ie. run a trace while you are "adding" an attachment manually to a process step.....then just use that to find the needed method and call it auto-magically in your own custom ABAP method). Good luck!!!....maybe after you do it, blog it and share with others!