cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Prompt error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm facing an issue with prompt error, error message is Microsoft SQL server native client 10.0: An expression of non boolean type specified in a contextwhere a condition is expected near ')'

object formula: @prompt('enter message','A','Department\group name',mono,free,persistent)

BO version: Business Objects 4.0 Sp2

Database: Microsoft sql server 2008

Regards,

Shekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you having a condition in the prompt syntax ? Prompts needs to be defined with a condition for example.. TABLENAME.CUSTOMER_NAME IN @Prompt('Enter Customer NAME','A',,Multi,Free,Persistent,{'ALL'})

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Yes i'm trying to create filter like formula you had mentioned.

TABLENAME.CUSTOMER_NAME IN @Prompt('Enter Customer NAME','A',' class\object',Multi,Free,Persistent)

It is working with Oracle database but not with SQL Server.

0 Kudos

Curious if you ever found an answer to this problem.

I am having the same issue when I try to use an MONO @prompt, I need to use "in" operator to get past one error but then it doesn't parse in the webi report.  If I use an "=" it parses in webi but gives error in universe.

Guessing this is related to the SQL Server Native Client 10.0.  I use this so I can make OLE DB connections to the database.

Curious if you found a way around it.  Works find when you use in/multi but can't seem to use mono.

Tammy