cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM execution returna an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am executing SUM to deploy SAPJVM Patches in Portal running on Linux Suse and Oracle.

First I had credential problems and i overcome it by changing the owner and mode or sapuxuserchk.

Now, I am facing the following error:

An error has occurred during the execution of the Read the global directory value step.

Assertion failed for (instanceToUse = null) at com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.determineSecStoreDir(DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.java:95).

You can find more information in the files /usr/sap/SPP/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-SECSTORE-DIRECTORY_01.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.

To troubleshoot the problem use the provided information. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following keywords:

DETECT  input_credentials  input-credentials-dialog  detect-secstore-directory  com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService  class com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException

An error has occurred during the execution of the Read the global directory value step.

When searching in sap notes with recommended key worlds I could not find the solution.

Can you please help me top overcome this problem.

Best regards

Ernesto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We got exactly this issue and both below notes was a really good match (as well as this thread of course). However, just want to share what we experienced since it might help others.

For some unknown reason we had and old (?) instance directory (leftover from earlier upgrades?) on O/S level. Compared to profile directory we could see that we had inconsistency.

So here it what I want to share:

Profile directory contains two profiles (matching the active Java instances)

[SID]_J01_[HOST]

[SID]_SCS02_[HOST]

So far so good, but looking in instance directory (/usr/sap/SID) we found three instance directories:

J01

SCS02

JC00 (this was the root cause for the failure in SUM).

Since JC00 only contained an old igs folder we simply moved the complete JC00 folder from /usr/sap/SID to another file are (temp area) and violá, SUM works like a charm.

Notes matchin the issue (but did not help me due to an old instance directory):

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1738760

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1853940

Hopefully it helps others

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello All,

In case you didn't solved that problem so far (or you was just looking for a solution); I experienced that problem too (with the latest SUM version) and recognized that there was a shared memory segment which blocked a sapstartsrv process. I stopped the CI, cleaned up the shared memory segments, restarted the CI and could continue my SUM process.

Kind Regards,

Marcel Knijnenburg

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What does the log file /usr/sap/SPP/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-SECSTORE-DIRECTORY_01.LOG say?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thank you for replay.

The content of the file /usr/sap/SID/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-SECSTORE-DIRECTORY_01.LOG is

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[/usr/sap/SPP/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-SECSTORE-DIRECTORY_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETECT-SECSTORE-DIRECTORY_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Aug 19, 2014 5:32:27 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (instanceToUse = null) at com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.determineSecStoreDir(DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.java:95).

Best regards

Ernesto

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ernesto

Check whether this SAP note is valid your system.

1738760 - com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (instanceT...

Regards

RB

anzelinim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

I'm using SUM SP10 Patch 4 to upgrade our MDM 7.2 from SP9 to SP11 and I'm having the same error:

Assertion failed for (instanceToUse = null) at com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.determineSecStoreDir(DetermineSecStoreDirectoryService.java:95).

I checked SAP OSS note 1738760 but it gives no help.

Can you help solving this problem?

Thankyou

M.A.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michele

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you try to start the upgrade with a different version of SUM ?

I believe this is due to a bug in the SUM tool. Not sure whether Ernesto was able to pass the phase with the SAP note I have provided above.

Thanks

RB