cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes not getting maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our project where client has upgraded CRM, we are facing an issue. Notes field are not getting maintained. These are wiping out as soon as we write anything there.

Has anyone encountered this situation? Please let me know any suggestions?

Regards,

Nuvan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pratibha/nuvan,

This might be becuase text id is not editable in the customization ,

if you can please check the configuration as below and find out if there text type is editable or not :

1). Check text determination proces for transaciton type:

2). go to text management

3) Then check the object crm_orderh object .

4). Check your text determination process there and see access for all the text id if it is given as editable or not.

Let me know if you find this helpful

Regards,

Ravi.

atulJaiswal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nuvan,

In case if your issue has not been resolved till now, Let me ask a few questions from you.

1. Have you done any enhancement for the notes/Text? This you can verify by using below steps:

Go to SU3->parameters-> WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT = A. Applying this you can ensure if this issue is with your enhancement or standard SAP bug.

2. If you this is issue with your custom changes then share the component which you have enhanced GSTEXT or anything else.

3. In case standard itself faces this issue then you might need to search relevant SAP notes regarding this.

You can try note "0001955587   Textarea Length Check" for standard bug.

Please be aware apply this note only if you have not done any customization for the text enhancement.

Let me know your findings

Regards,

Atul

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul, very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul,

Thanks for your response. I was a bit helpless here for sometime.

We have not done any enhancement for Text/notes. Only Config changes to rearrange textarea has been done.

I was trying the ignoring enhancement as you suggested but i do not have change authorization  Cant add parameter which you mentioned.

Is there any other way I can confirm this? If i can confirm that i can apply the Note which you mentioned to get rid of this issue. Please help.

Lars,

I guess you did not understand my actual issue. Issue is not that after saving the transaction Notes are wiping out. Issue is i can not even type/enter any notes. Root cause that you provided is probable only when there is issue where notes are not getting logged and wiping from notes log.

Here I am stuck with entering the notes.

Thanks,

Nuvan

atulJaiswal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nuvan,

If you do not have Change authority you can still add parameters to your user ID.

Do as below:

SU3->System(at top most header )->User profile->Own data: This way you can still add paramenter to your ID.

Try this out and let us know if your issue still exists.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Atul,

Verified with your steps and confirmed that issue persists with standard component itself.

I applied that note you provided and issue resolved.

Thanks Again.

Thanks,

Nuvan

0 Kudos

Hi Nuvan,

It is possible that this is standard SAP behavior.  Let me explain:

1. You enter notes into the notes field.
  2. When you press save the text disappears.

What is happening is that the text is being transferred and stored in a notes log file.  Ravi is correct that you need to check the text determination procedure for object crm_orderh.  The image below is for a service request.  Take note that there are 4 text types in this procedure.  The first 3 allow for edits/additions (denoted by column "Changes" = P).  The final one captures the notes when the transaction is saved and only allows for display (Changes = R).

Hopefully this was helpful.

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also facing same issue. Component is: SRQM_NOTES. Default Language is: English.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which component? Do you have default language for each note type?