cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-PA value field is not getting updated through costing sheets(Valuation Strategy)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For credit memo document for one of the item which is cash discount, there exists two SD condition types 1) ZABC - Service Price item 2) ZXYZ - Cash discount. These conditions types were mapped to value fields in CO-PA(ZABC => VV001; ZXYZ => VV002).

The requirement is that only value field VV002 should flow to CO-PA (which should be an aggregate value of both the condition types) via costing Sheet(Valuation strategy). Costing sheet had been configured to fetch the values into VV002, with the help of CO-PA base condition which is in turn getting the value from SD(i.e. ConType ZABC mapped to value field VV001)

There seems to be limitation in Standard SAP that value fields that were already populated before CO-PA valuation cannot be changed in valuation.

The current issue is that we could see the value field VV002 populated in the CO-PA document but only value flown from ZXYZ, no value flown from costing sheet.

Your inputs on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Radhamanohara Devireddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RMD

I think Valuation wont impact the VF that are already populated..

In my opinion, let the VF be individually updated and you can combine them during reporting.. This is one option

2nd option is to change the VF mapping in KE4I to map both cond types to same VF.. But this will be applicable to all scenarios

3rd option is to use exit COPA002..

In my opinion, I would choose Option 1 or Option 2. Option 2 can be combined with new VF and SD Cond Types specific to this scenario

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Customer wanted only one value field(VV002) should get updated in the CO-PA document, in fact that is the reason costing sheet was used.

As you rightly said if we change value field mapping in KE4I, it will affect all other scenarios. In the present case the issue is with one of the (Material)Account assignment group(AAG). For the same conditon type i.e. ZABC, they are moving to different value fields via costing sheets based on the AAG.

It was suggested to the client that new statistical condition type 'XXXX' can be created(which reads 100% value of ZABC) and assigned to the value field VV002. Then system would show net figure from bothe condition types(Say Service Price item $100 - Cash discount $10) in the value field VV002. It was not agreed by customer saying it is a manual process, users never know and they cannot enter manually. Is there any way that we can populate this automatically while creating the Credit memo?

For option 3, they did not agree to go for CO-PA enhancement(exit).

Please let me know your further thoughts on this.

Best Regards,

Radhamanohara 

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RMD

If your client starts dictating you the solutions, its a risky affair

They cant put the exceptions at the start itself and then ask you to find a solution

For your requirement, either you have to go for separate condition type or use user exit COPA0005

Whether they accept it or not is upto them, for which you will have to convince them

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for your reply!

Answers (0)