cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate an existing DB on MSSQL Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice/input for migration of our SAP DB running on MSSQL Server 2008 R2 and was setup using clustered disk.

The current disk space is almost full and I need to expand/migrate the DB, however there are some uncertainties on my end and would like to seek input for all of you who had done this before.

Option #1,

Assuming I've created a new vdisk and copy the existing DB but upon examining the DB property it seems I can't simply point to the new vdisk to store the DB, my question is how normally you guys do this kind of migration? is there any best practices available that I could refer to?

Option #2,

I notice there is "Add" button at the end of the screen (attached screenshot), is it possible for me to create a new DB storage on the new location and freeze the auto growth for the original 3 DBs, would this scenario work?

Kindly not be limited to the option #1 & #2 as I'm still open for any other solution that has been tested and works, those above just my thinking on how to migrate, not sure whether it's feasible or not.

Thank you for assistance,

Regards,

Ura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

another thing on my mind

Option #3, expand the vdisk then go to disk management then expand the volume.

while doing this do I need to bring down the SAP CRP instance offline for the disk to expand or I can do it while it's still active, so there will be no downtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB has already expended.

close case.

Answers (0)