cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards html5 mobile not displaying correctly in IE10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've recently put together a fairly large tabbed dashboard using Dashboards 4.1 SP4.  We currently don't have a SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform to publish the dashboard to so we have been publishing it through the export to PDF or html with embedded flash.  The problem is that as the dashboard is quite large it is taking around 30secs to load the embedded flash and then longer as you navigate between the tabs.

I saw this great post and have managed to get the html5 to run fine on a webserver we have available.  The HTML5 dashboard looks and runs as expected on Firefox (v32) and Chrome (v36) but it fails to display in IE10.  It displays the tabs and some text labels but doesn't display any of the chart components.

Can anyone help with why the html5 version is not displaying in IE10?  Or can anyone suggest a way of speeding up the loading times for the flash version?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:  So after a bit of checking the IE10 console, the error message it throws up is:

ERROR - An error occurs when layouting the display tree - 'MSGesture' is undefined

This error doesn't appear with either Firefox or Chrome.  This same IE10 error occurs when I try to view the out of the box samples from Dashboards 4.1 SP4 in IE10, so I don't think the relative complexity of my dashboard is a factor.  I think the error arises from within runtime/lib/riv/sap.riv.modules.js but i have no idea how to fix it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

hayden_gill
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with IE11 on Windows 7.

I think it's because MSGesture is only supported in Windows 8 and above.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/ie/hh968249(v=vs.85).aspx

I have raised it as an issue with SAP Support

Note: Shifting IE rendering mode to IE9 allowed it to operate properly for me.

hayden_gill
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is, if you save an Xcelsius (SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 Support Pack 4 Version 14.1.4.1327) as a HTML5 dashboard, it is viewable on a desktop PC using Chrome, Firefox etc. It is also viewable on Internet Explorer (version 10 & 11) on Windows 8, but only Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9  on Windows 7.

The reason the dashboard doesn't display with the combination of Windows 7 with IE10 or IE11 is due to a bug in one of the SAP javascript libraries. The MSGesture object is not supported on Windows 7, but the code to detect that combination fails to detect the Windows 7 issue.

The sap.riv.modules.js file needs to be changed, as the test for window.navigator.msPointerEnabled is not enough.The code needs to be changed from:

if (window && window.navigator && window.navigator.msPointerEnabled) {

to

if (window && window.navigator && window.navigator.msPointerEnabled && typeof(MSGesture) !== "undefined") {

It's a simple fix that other javascript libraries have had to make.

I've tried to raise this as an issue, but I'm told that HTML5 dashboards are not supported on the desktop, so it won't be fixed.

I'm now trying to escalate the issue.