cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have initial data migrated my customers into the system, I now want to perform an update to those customer I have already loaded. As I'm imported the changes ByDesign creates an error saying that the record already exists.

Is there away to perform an update.

Thank you in advance

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

As of release 1402 the Modify Already Existing Records mode of migration has been removed as this mode has been replaced with a functionality in the Mass Data Maintenance work center. For example you are trying to modify the Materials.

The requirement can be fulfilled through Mass Data Maintenance work center and the steps are as follows:

1. Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
  2. Select Link for Export Materials.
  3. Add the required Materials and select OK.
  4. Go to General tab.
  5. Select <export> for the columns which needs change.
  6. Select Export Data to CSV File button.
  7. In the Excel file, change/add the values for those fields and save the changes, and close the file.
  8. Close the Export Materials screen.
  9. Upload the file and Execute Data Import.
  10. Proceed with data validation and import.

Hope this solves the issue.

BR,

--Swaroop

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Antonio,

The make Mass Change for Accounts/Customers go to the Account Management WoC>Common task>Mass Change Account Data.

Here you have the option to select All Accounts or specific ones.

Then you may make mass change to the following:

1) General Data of Corporate Accounts

2) Sales Data

3) Responsibilities

If you wish to make changes to Contacts then there is "Mass Change Contact Data" Under the Common Task in the same Work Center.

Regards

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

for mass updates on customer data please use the Workcenter "Mass Data Maintenance". In the help center you will find a detailed article under the same title.

Regards

Michael