cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to include VARI table in "Tables Excluded from REORG" No Edit options

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to remove the table VARI from the automatic reorg in the dbacockpit.

Steps followed :

-> Configuration

-> Automatic Maintenance

-> Automatic REORG

-> Tables Excluded from REORG

Issue : Unable to include VARI table in "Tables Excluded from REORG" No Edit options .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Automatic reorg of the tables/indexes is done on the basis of result provided by script REORGCHK which runs on regular basis to analyse the table with huge growth and more fragmented blocks.

Since the default filter for reorg is set to size' 1,000,000 KB', table which has bigger size than the default value, needs to be reorganized as per the standard configuration.

To exclude table VARI, modify the filter clause, and update the policy using procedure Automaint_set_policyfile(). You then can verify again using automaint_get_policyfile(). The procedures are documented in the IBM DB2 InfoCentre. If you need assistance, please let me know.

I suggest to take the exported policy, and just add table VARI in the filter clause. The section could read as follows.

========================================================================

<FilterClause>TABSCHEMA NOT LIKE 'SYS%' AND (TABSCHEMA, TABNAME) NOT IN

(SELECT TABSCHEMA, TABNAME FROM SYSCAT.EVENTTABLES) AND (TABNAME <>

'VARI')</FilterClause>

========================================================================

Then apply this policy, and check results.

Please provide feedback.

Best Regards,
Gunjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Are you looking to perform Reorg of table VARI ?

In such a case you can use REport BTC_DELETE_ORPHANED_IVARIS

Refer SAP Note 1411877 - New standard jobs on the scheduling details for this report.

Regards,

Deepak Kori