cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to Generate a Reorting Activity/ Dashboard from SAP BPM to display all the list of Pending Tasks with their task Owners! how?

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it Possible to display the list of all the Pending Work Items/Tasks with their reapective tasks Owners using a SAP BPM Reporting Activity or by using some Dashboard. The Requirement is if some user haing Administrator Role he should be able to see the list of all the Pending taks with the respective Owners in his Inbox, maybe in the Form of Report or some DashBoard.

Please help me out and provide a solution if possible and how can we achieve the same. Tool i am using is NWDS 7.2.

Br,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thanks! for Replying.

I went through the Link, it's useful, but here in my case the Requirement is for displaying all the Tasks in Pending Status only, with their respective task owners. Here i am not able to use the Data Source and then Visual Composer using Data Source.

We don't have any context for Task Owner in BPM, and we are assigning the Tasks to Group/Role and only after someone acts on the Work Item, its is shown under is name as the Owner. Further i cannot read the Status of Workitem (Ready/In-progress) unless it has been acted by someone(default reporting behaviour), and if we use after Human Activity, then again once it's being acted upon, it won't stay in Pending, and hence is not fulfilling my Requirement.

The Only thing we can think about is using CE tables and then using EJB's and consuming the same through Web Dynpro model. Here we can Fetch the User using the I-User API or DB Tables, and can find out the status using the sql queries on Tables in BPEM by connecting to DB. But this then increases our work a lot!

Please suggest if you can think of any easier way to achieve the same.

Thanks!

Rakesh

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is the method i followed to achieve my requirement :

1. Used the Reporting Data Source and created the attributes needed as per my requirement.

2. For resolving the status capturing problem, we created reporting activity in two places using the same data source. we placed one before the Human activity(to capture pending status) and one after the human activity (for capturing completed status)

3. For capturing the actual user who completed the activity, we preferred to use Java API (I USER) in WD Java and fetch the current SAP user by placing the code before the Complete BPM Event. (normally there is a context present in BPM as well, but that gives a long user expression, and we needed only user ID, so preferred through Wd java)

4. Now perform the input and output mapping of the BPM data context with the appropriate attributes in Data Source,as per the placement of the activity in the Process.

5. After making the necessary mapping and wdjava code for I User capture, deploy the both DC's.

6. Now go to VC using the url :http://testdomain.xxx.com:50000/VC .

7. Create a New Composite View, give the name and SC & DC name, select the repository and search for DS.

8. Once DS found, drag & drop in layout area and create the layout depending on your requirement.

9. Validate it and Deploy the visual composer dc created, a link will be generated, use the link in Portal as a quick link to provide access to Report.

Please feel free to write in case on doubt in the above mentioned process. I have tested it and it's working fine.

Thanks,

Rakesh Singh

DS* =data source

VC* =visual composer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would be able to fetch the status of the Task from Standard BPM Tables but fetching the owner of the task is not possible.

Interesting requirement though. Tough to implement in 7.2.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Below link will help you for creating the BPM status tracker using the reporting activity and VC.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/NWTech/Steps+to+Implement+Reporting+activity+in+BPM+for+process...

Please find some SDN links below. It may be useful for reading process data from BPM tables.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3145222

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3443508

Regards,

Arpitha