Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Deletion Issue

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where I am facing a deletion issue of a query. It is probably because of my mistake but not able to undeerstand how to correct it..
The scenario: 

I have developed a query in DEV environment and saved it in a TR.for transport which I released. But as per requirement later I had to discard that query. Meanwhile I changed the status of the TR into modifiable running the program rddit076 and deleted in se01. Then from Bex query  designer I tried to delete the query straight way but I am unable to delete the query. I also tried RSZDELETE but no result.
Can anybody suggest what went wrong? How to overcome this and perform the deletion

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you check in RSA1 > Transport Connection if there are any transports associated with the query, it might be a case that there are query elements which might be captured in other transports

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  Experts,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Your suggestions did work. I collected the query in a new TR and did not release it. Straight way went to RSZDELETE and  i was able to delete it.
Thank you very much once again for your helpful  and patient replies.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the query has already been transported from DEV to QA, you need to transport a query deletion from DEV to QA.  The deletion will require a new transport.

Make sure that you have a BEx transport assigned for this.  In RSA1->Transport Connection, click on the "Create requests for BEx transport" icon which has the text BEx and a transport truck.  In the pop-up, assign a transport.  Next, log into query designer and delete your query.  This will attach the deletion to the transport.  Transporting the deletion will remove the query from QA.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

Did you already try to just delete the TR you have created? Then delete the query afterwards..

Regards,

Loed

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mate,
Yes I did the same as you have mentioned, first i deleted the TR request and then the query and thus ended up in the issue. Now following the suggestions  what i did is i collected the query once again in a TR and didn't release it and thus i was able to delete it.
Regards!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to the status modification, it won't allow you to delete the query.

So again you need to collect your query into transport and move to bw quality.

later try to delete it at dev system and again collect deleted query into transport, move to BWQ.

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First collect your query in Transport request and delete via RSZDELETE tcode.

I am sure it will get deleted.

Thanks,

KDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any error while deleting query from Bex? What is happening when you delete the query?

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Iira,
the message displayed is as below:

Also if i try RSZDELETE, it says unable to delete the query

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RSA1 -> Transport Connection and drag to right side. Assign new transport request to the query and now try to delete from Bex. It will get deleted.

Hope this helps.

Regards

McGreger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lira,

I faced the same Issue as the original poster and your suggested approach solved my issue.

thanks a lot

Regards

Eric