cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android emulator to use for testing in Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.0, SMP 2.3 and Agentry 6.1.3. I would like to find out if there is an android emulator that I could use for testing. I have an android device that I have been using, but the testing process becomes very slow and time consuming, especially when it comes to testing font size changes and the look and feel of the application.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sizo,

There are a couple of options in terms of emulators that you can use with Android.

First are the emulators that are part of the Android SDK.  You can setup one on your development machine and use it as if it is a real device.  The downside is performance.  You need to use the ARM emulators and not the Intel x86 emulator images.

Another option if you are testing for tablets is to use the Bluestacks player.  This emulates an Android tablet and performs acceptably for use testing your application.  It has some occasional stability issues but is much faster than the default emulators.

I also strongly recommend testing using the actual devices.  Especially for font and layout changes the actual device can't be beat.  I don't find it to be anymore difficult to use with only a few exceptions where I will use the ATE (inspecting object data, CT/DT data, rule debugging).

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

we are currently investigating Bluestacks, the app is running but we cannot get past the SSL verification step. Have you found a way to install the required certificates into Bluestacks?

Thanks for your help

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo Ndlovu,

Unfortunately I don't think there are any other alternatives currently. Please refer to Bill's response in the thread - ATE Rendering Issues Agentry 6.1.0.3

My understanding is SAP are working on a new rendering engine for ATE that is compatiable with newer platforms like iOS / Android / WPF. Hopefully that isn't too far off because it will be a big help in speeding up the development workflow

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sizolwenkosi Ndlovu , Can you choose your platform in ATE ? for testing purpose . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya