cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Dep. Rate from 2014, still the Planning Values for FY 2013.!

ambrish_nigam
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am changing the Dep. Value for Year 2014 Onwards for a MultiLevel Depreciation (AFAMS). This has resulted in Planned Dep. Booked for 2013 (12th Period).

My old Rule was @ 4.75 % . Now I have replaced the same with @20% for the remaining life of asset. In old process useful life was defined but the rate was considered for calculation. Now I am looking for balance useful life. How this shall be configured. To make the better understanding. All assets required to have depreciation modified to use the balance useful life, for calculation of depreciation value.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement kindly check the bwlow link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55651

Regards,

Malhar.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the previous FY in AA is closed, any change in dep key wont impact the closed FY

The steps mentioned above look logical to me

Br, Ajay M

ambrish_nigam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks GSR,

But I have done the migration to New Process, in a most simplest way.

A.     Asset Accounting FY Closure for 2013. (TCODE - AJAB)*

(note : check for any unplanned reqd. to be posted, due to change in process.. Review & rectify the same. Take Asset History Sheet AR02 & Depreciation Report AR03.)

(My client has almost 70% asset, uploaded through Legacy Data Transfer, where it was difficult to change the Depreciation Key.. Hence A Process was adapted.

B.     For all the Legacy, The Capitalization Date & Dep. Start Date modified to 01-04-2014 & Depreciation Key was updated to "LINR", useful life modified & saved the Master Record (Can be done through BDC / LSMW) along with Dep. Life Updated to YEAR & DAYS FROM old YEAR & MONTHS, (Asset Master Data Depreciation Area)

Once the Dep Key was updated to "LINR", restored the Cap.Date & Dep. Start date.

Checked for Correct Useful Life updated in Asset Master Dep Area (Report AR03). Checked the Correct, Depreciated Life also.

C.     Once this was done completely, checked for the reports. Did the test Run. Reviewed the Dep Run ... the Values found to be absolutely matching as per the requirements of the Law, with a marginal variation in few assets (due to rounding off issue in SAP)

D.     The Results were a success.

A Simple Process of Close the Previous Asset Accounting Period, Update New Useful Life as per New Companies Act 2013, Modify the Depreciation Key to "LINR", check the Dep. Posted Period. & the process is done successfully.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Depreciation values will be recalculated only from the current year onwards.

For adjustment of previous year depreciation you have to run ABAA-With transaction type 640.

The following document will help you to move to useful life depreciation.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

GSR

0 Kudos

We have Two depreciation area we have two depreciation keys one for each  for IFRS  and  Local

Depreciation  is  calculated  by  useful life  and not by  rate  that  is what  we are following previously  also

And we are following straight line method

Further we have two books of accounts IFRS (0L) and Local(L1)

Asset depreciation area is 01 for IFRS Period is Jan to Dec .

Local  Area 20 for Local -April to March

So  just  tried  to change  the useful life of the asset  

When we change the useful life for Local (ie) 5 to 4 years in 2014 it is adjusting in 2013
And showing as in 12 period how to solve kindly guide and also in IFRS it is showing for the same
For 2013.