cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 - Auto Approve default roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could you please help out me in the below scenarios.

1) We have maintained default roles in NBWC- Access Management - Default roles.

Also set the parameter 2038 to Yes- Auto approve roles without approver.

In MSMP we have maintained Escape path if approver is not found at the role level.

As default roles have no approver maintained request is taking the Escape Path which should not happen.

We just want to auto approve the defualt roles and other than defualt roles request should take escape path if no approver found.

2) In other action its quite same as the above one.

When we are using provisioning type REMOVE for role removal. Request also takes the Escape path as Defualt roles has no approver.

Once the ,Manager at first stage is approved, request should close for the removal type access.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your custom initiator, capture the scenario where the "named" roles (i.e. your default roles) are sent to a path with no stage. This will auto approve the assignment, retain and maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankirtan,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please brief me little more on this.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your custom initiator, you need to have mapped out all the scenarios of which path each line item in your request goes to.

The condition columns can be an array of attributes, i.e. Request Type, Role name, Role Connector (System the Role is in), Functional area etc.

In your case, if you want "default roles" auto approved, easiest thing to so is create an empty path (i.e. No stages) and have the initiator set so that if the "Role Name" is "X" (i.e. your default role), go to the path with no stages.

BRF plus Flate Rule - GRC Integration - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki