cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just implemented PD 16.5 last SP with a SYSAM server to dispatch floatting user licences ( 10 +).

Our issue is how do we monitor and manage users :

• how many users are connected ?
  • who are the connected users ?
  • can i disconnect someone ?

I know we can monitor activity but we'd like a more in depth solution maybe by directly requesting the repository tables.

Thanks for your inputs,

Regards,

G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Your issue is how do we monitor and manage users :

• how many users are connected ?
  • who are the connected users ?
  • can i disconnect someone ?

You can use SAMReport!

Remember : It's not because PowerDesigner is active, following the validation of the license with the license server SYSAM, it is necessarily connected to the repository. For example the user can work in his Workspace locally without being connected to the repository.

About SAMReport you can find more information in user guide "Sybase® Software Asset Management 2.0" under "CHAPTER 6 Using SAMreport for Asset Management". To read more about Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\PowerDesigner 16\Tools\sysamug.pdf

But if you like a more in depth solution by directly requesting the repository tables.

Open PowerDesigner Metamodel under : C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\PowerDesigner 16\Examples\Repository Metamodel.pdm

Click on "+" to expand package "User Management"

Double click on Main Diagram

Double click on User table (PMUSER)

Go to columns tab to learn about fields usage

Click on "+" to expand Tables folder

Double click on User Activity logs

Go to columns tab to learn about fields usage

To retrieve data

1. Connect to the repository.

You can use a SQL editor or PowerDesigner.. If you use PowerDesigner Go to Menu DBMS, Click on Connect and after have established a connection to the repository click on execute.SQL

2. Browse records from PMUSER and PMULOG tables.

Can I disconnect someone ? Yes go to Repository Menu, Select Administration and Select Users. Double click on a specific user and modify status from Active to Inactive.

Note : Your evaluation of my answer would be appreciated - Examples choices are Correct, Helpful answer.

Answers (0)