cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports on Surface Pro 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8.1 application we are using Visual Studio 2013 so SAP Crystal Reports Developer version for Visual Studio, v 10.

When we call the report only the labels are shown, no data or logos.

This same application works on a laptop with Windows 8.1, so we think it has to be a Surface issue.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggested fixes?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your application web or Windows based?

32 or 64 bit?

Is the Surface Pro a runtime machine or do you actually have Visual Studio running on it?

I've had similar issues with web based applications.  Downloading the latest update of the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio helped.

I actually had to install both 32 and 64 bit runtime on the development machine and then the appropriate version on the runtime machine.

This is a good place to start.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows based.

After reading Ludek Uher's response I checked the document and the only issue I found was that web-based requires IIS Manager 8.5, but that's not us.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Have you tried downloading the updated Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2013 and the runtime?

What version of .NET do you have installed on the Surface and what version of .NET is the application compiled to?

Are you compiling to 32 or 64 bit?

Are you running the application through Visual Studio on the Surface or the installed application?

The Surface may not be supported but that doesn't mean it won't work.  Definitely install the update and then we can see about what happens after that.

The other possibility is the report just isn't pulling in data.  This may be because the Surface has a 64 bit datbase driver but you only have the 32 bit client installed.

Good luck,

Brian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surface Pro is not supported. See:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e06b8953-a62b-2d10-38b9-ca71f747e...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter