Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Copy using GUIDX value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My requirement is as follows...

I have BOM in source system. I wan to copy this BOM in my target system. But, I want the source system BOM item GUIDX in my target system as well... I thought to achieve it by passing the source GUIDX in FM CSAP_BOM_MAT_MAINTAIN and CSAP_BOM_MAT_CREATE. Even though I'm passing the source GUIDX in these FM, the BOM 's are created with system generated GUIDX in the target system.

How can I overcome this hurdle? Is there anyway to put same GUIDX in target as well? Thanks!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUIDs are system specific so I don't think you can achieve this.

What would be the reason for this?

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Petzel,

This is for BOM transfer from multiple systems. Now we are trying to have a central system for BOM. We have a scenario where a BOM is having a same component with same item type, same pos no but differs in relevancy flags.

Normally we update BOM using pos no, item type and component. But for the above scenario. when there is BOM change in source system, we have to update in target as well. So, we thought we will update the BOM from source system using GUIDX values....

Regards,

Saravana

Message was edited by: Saravana Kumar

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure how you update, but you should use the Product Data Replication functionality to trigger updates to downstream systems. What are you using right now?

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Petzel,

Thanks for the information!!!

We have come up with our own concept.... Hence, closing this thread....

Regards,

Saravana

Answers (0)