cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance to install SAP BODS on Developer PC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on SAP BODS 4.2. The software was installed on the server present in US and i am working from Hyderabad, connecting to that server using Remote Connection. But it was so hard to work on that server connecting from my PC. So i decided to install client BODS on my system as (SQL Management studio) and to connect to that server. So please give me guidance on how to install and how to connect to that server from desktop.

Thanks in advance

Prasannakumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installing DS Client tools on your desktop will not solve any performance problems. To the contrary! Due to the numerous roundtrips over the WAN to your repository database when creating and modifying DS objects, response times will increase drastically.

An RDC to the DS server or to a WTS in the same network segment as the server is always the best option in a  configuration like yours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you can comminicate from your desktop to BODS Server. Installing the desktop tools is a straight forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar Konduru

Thanks for your reply.

I can connect to BODS server using only Remote Desktop Connection. what do you mean by straight forward. can you elaborate it.

Thanks in advance

PrasannaKumar