Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Area Issue

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to correct a functional area difference that has occurred in few of our GL accounts.  Originally, some of our order numbers were set up to only allow posting to cost/profit center 123456.  This was incorrect, so the order numbers were changed to allow posting to cost/profit center 456789.  I reclassed the entries that had been posted to 123456, but the functional area changed.  So now, I am out of balance between functional areas 65432 and 98765 and it is causing errors in some of the reports we run. Is there a way I might book an entry to zero out the functional areas affected?  I have attached the GL activity for reference.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there is no screen shot

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can see two diff functional areas.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As per my standing you have posted the amount in wrong function area. Now you want to post it to correct FA and nullify the balance in wrong FA. If this is your query, you have to post adj.entry as shown below.

Account Dr with correct functional area or vice versa

Account Cr with wrong functional area  or vice versa

Regards,

Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried debiting and crediting the same account with the same cost center but different functional areas. I believe even if the functional area is generally derived from the cost center a manual override will take a preference.I made all the accounts and cost centers the same, but I do not see an option where I can manually override what gets posted to the functional area.

Can you send me the screen shots to do the same?

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Click on more button after provide cost centre, there you can find FA. Just change it. I have done the same and attached here.

Regards,

Mukthar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried this but my functional area is greyed out. Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Check it once again is it greyed out or it has suppressed?

Regards,

Mukthar