cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Foxpro DBC file reporting OLEDB vs ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been tasked with converting some CRX 8 reports to run dynamically in a VS website.  The current datasource is hard coded into the report as a network share via ODBC. I cannot use ODBC for this, but will be converting the reports to use OLEDB.  I cannot find any discussions or documents on how to set the datasource programmatically for Visual Foxpro .DBC files. I am not too familiar with Visual Foxpro databases. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of CR - please be precise.

What version of .NET?

Will you be converting the report to OLE DB in the CR designer, or at runtime?

Is there an OLE DB provider for your version of VF?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

VS2008 .aspx app running on .net 2.0

i will be changing the report from within the designer incorporated into visual studio 2008

there is a VisFoxPro oledb provider available for me to use with these .dbc files.

Thanks..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a BTW., note that I still do not know version of CR you are using. I can only guess it is 'Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008" (v. 10.5.x)...

Based on that assumption, 1st thing to do is update CR to SP 1. See here for links to downloads.

Ok. Once you have converted the report to use OLD DB, you will want to look at some code examples here:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

(vbnet_web_simplelogonengine.zip would be the 1st one to look at)

More resources:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthroughs (applies to all versions of .NET and CR)

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

And do use the search box in the top right corner. I find that simple search strings (e.g.; 'crystal net OLE DB') work best.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSorry yes 10.5. Thanks for your info. I will look into this.

Answers (0)