cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Filter Values are not showingup

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have dashboard designed against BEx Query on APD. I have defined two Data sources in Design Studio, one for Chart and one for Dimension Filter. Defined 0soldto as dimension filter which filters the data for chart.

When I run the dashboard, I am not able to get values in Dimension filter to apply the filter.

And I have dimension filter for Sate, When I filter on single state I am getting results. But I select multiple states, dashboard shows no data available.

And I have 3rd Dimension filter as location. This filter is working as expected.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Repala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell All,

Thank you for immediate response.  The issue has been resolved.

We had to repair 0SOLD_TO object and reload the data.

Regards

Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Repala,

Can you please put up the screen shot of the Mapping of the Dimension filter,

and why don't you use the same datasource for both the Chart and Dimension filter?

Regards,

Fazith Ali Z

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many members do you have in master data?

The dimension filter has a maximum number of masterdata (actually dependent on the master data read mode). In case it is more than 100, nothing is shown and you can start to search until you get a < 100 results.

Basic check - try to search for some member you know it is available. If also this one is not there, there is other issue.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karol,

I tried searching with the same member that shows in the chart, still it has the same issue. I did not have this problem in Development.

Regards

Shankar

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

then if you do not have this in development, it will be quite hard to find the issue in this forum. You can try to figure out this by your self (fe. by debugging in your ABAP stack on the corresponding Function Modules) and perhaps this gets filtered out by some exits... But in that case this is mor likely ABAP issue, not Design Studio.

for trouble shooting you can switch on trace (transaction RSTT) and then replay in the ABAP stack with debug option ON.

If this will not help, the only possibility is to prepare this case and open incident.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol, I will work on debugging. But I do not understand why State dimension is not working as expected.