cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Master - Data retent. at plant level allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew , based on vendor account group, what controls whether the Data rentent at palnt level allowed option appears under the addtional purchase org data for a vendor master?

We have VN account group which is used on SAs, and it contains the order currency information... however, this does not display the data rentent at plant level option, so I can't create seperate currency uses by plant.

Our OA account group DOES have this option, but we dont maintain the order currency on this vendor master.

I was attempting to check the account group by vendor layout to see if its suppressed, but I don't really see this option, and the plant releveant option is selected...

Please see the attached screen shots...

Account group which I want it to show

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In XK02-Purchasing view, As you have already activated the Data retent. at plant level allowed, then you will get an option for Alternative data.

Click on the alternative data, then press yes.Enter the plant and mark the tick option Purchasing data, then press enter.

Now you can able to see the plant as below:

Here, you can maintain your different currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is my issue though... The alternative button does not appear, and the option to select this in the "additonal purchase data" does not show this when I am in XK02 - it is only showing in XK01 initially.

When I do XK02 for a different account group, it DOES appear and I can use it, but this is for a OA Partner function therefore we don't have Order Currency relevant for it.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James Farmer wrote:

the option to select this in the "additonal purchase data" does not show this when I am in XK02 - it is only showing in XK01 initially.

Here you are saying that you can't find the Add. purchasing data for the t-code XK02.

But as per your initial screen shot, it was given from XK02 screen. As it is showing:

And you are saying it is working differently or fine for other account group.

Try to find out the difference between this account group and any other account group (which is working fine), if everything is same, then please check once if there any custom development is causes for the behavior.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the note:  545086 - Maintaining fields in menu option 'Add. Purchasing data'

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply... I actually had already seen this note, but I thought I was following the solution options correctly...

The note solution:

Solution

The maintenance of these fields is only possible in one of the following situations:

• If you also maintain purchasing data during the creation of a not yet existing vendor.
  • In the change mode, if you also enter a purchasing organization on the initial screen of the dialog.

I am in option # 2 (change mode) and I have entered in the purchase org... Am I mis reading the note?

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the following config where the field may be suppressed:

Financial Accounting>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable>Vendor Accounts>Master Data>Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data>Define Screen Layout per Activity (Vendors)

then, Change vendor (Purchasing)>Details, Under Field Status -Purchasing Data - Additional Purchasing Data

Regards,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for info but as I described in my orignal posting, I checked the vendor layout set and everything seemed correct. Further, I found out that when I create a vendor master, this option DOES appear which is good for new vendors, but I need to update current existing ones.

former_member213836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The issue appears to be with the Transaction only. Since you are not facing this issue during create but during change. Which Transaction are you using for Creating and Changing vendor MK* or XK*? Also, can you confirm that you have checked the layout settings for both the Central, Purchasing Transaction?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see in your screenshot "interchangeability" and "Diversity and Disadvantaged"  wher ewe usually have this button for alternative data.

Are you in a certain industry solution, or is this homemade and eventually take the place of the the standard button?