cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical bleed through

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am positive this topic is covered many times over, but really want to make sure I am covering all my options here.

In all but solid rendering mode I get components outlines from below the surface bleeding through to surface above leading to a less than ideal image being portrayed on my monitor. All our rendering is done in SHADED ILLUSTRATION mode. We utilize the SAP VE viewer comprehensively through our manufacturing facility to bring the authored content to user terminals and the graphical bleed through appears even worse on these as these terminals are more often than not lower spec PCs with average GPUs. This all came to a head a few days ago as a whole batch of components were processed incorrectly due to an operator incorrectly interpreting the correct alignment of the component.

I have searched high and low for a magical setting to improve my situation, Nothing. As far as I can read on blogs and help pages this seems to be an issue across the industry. Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Sorry Todd for the long delay.

After some investigation I found out this is technical limitation of

illustration drawing.

As illustration creates illustration line in 3D space it has "width" in

physical 3D space.

In this model, the distance between two object is shorter than the

width of illustration and it sticks out. Some sort of extreme case.

The only workaround would be adjusting objects very tiny bit. Or use another view.

That probably isn't what you wanted hear but I hope it helps you understand whats happening.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Kelvin.

What you are telling me is great. There is a limitation to the way this is displayed and by all accounts it happens in 3D modelling software also, I just wanted to ensure I was not missing something obvious.

Thanks Again

Todd

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

Would it be possible to send us a file that demonstrates this behavior for us to investigate?

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin

I have a sample file that I know has this issue occurring in it. I can't post it in this forum. How can I get this to you to view?

Todd

0 Kudos

I will send you a link for you to upload.

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done