cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLACEHOLDER Syntax for multiple Input Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to pass multiple paramter values (not multi-value) it works when the first parameter is passed but does not work when I add the second parameter value. I need to pass 4 different paramters and the statement is below..

The placeholder sysntax works with hard coded values or only one PARAMETER is passed.... as below...(For clarity I aligned the placeholder syntax....

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."ZXXXXXX/ZSTAR_OT"

('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_TOMNTH$$', '201302'),

'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_FRMNTH$$', '201301'),

'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_KOSTL$$', '3001D,3004D'),

'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_BUKRS$$', '1000'))

It works as below. (when one of placeholder is provided a @Prompt as below

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."ZXXXXXX/ZSTAR_OT" ('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_TOMNTH$$', @Prompt(P_TOMNTH)), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_FRMNTH$$', '201301'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_KOSTL$$', '3001D,3004D'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_BUKRS$$', '1000')))

when I add the second parameter I get an error

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."ZXXXXXX/ZSTAR_OT" ('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_TOMNTH$$', @Prompt(P_TOMNTH)), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_FRMNTH$$', @Prompt(P_FRMNTH)), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_KOSTL$$', '3001D,3004D'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$IP_BUKRS$$', @Prompt(P_COMP_CODE)))

the error is

Substitution failed: No value supplied for Parameter "P_FRMNTH". (QTJ 00520)

Any idea why this is happening.....

Thank you,

Arthur.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an issue and fixed it. It is a simple fix within Data Foundation where the paremeters are defined, just change the Parameter text to be different and it validates fine.

Thank you for all those who viewd this post and try to help you.

Arthur.