cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Inventory Manager 4.0 mobile application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make some customization on Inventory manager 4.0 mobile application. For this I need to know the following:

• Do I need to customize the java source code of the application in order to adapt the mobile application to my business process, like for example: Add fields, Add actions, etc?  or just extending java classes and do modification on the IM Agentry Application is enough to do the customization?
  • If I need to include a complete new screen on the mobile application, which is a complex customization. Will I need to ask for this java source code to the sale representative in order to make the customization?

This questions were raised on this post   and as I also read Migrating from SAP IM 3.2 to SAP IM 4.0  I found out the java source code must be requested to SAP because on this version is not available to download from marketplace. But I really want to know if I need to do this or not, I'm not very clear about this. It make sense what wrote in one of his answers, I don't want to modify the base java classes... I just want add functionality /fields to what is already develop on IM 4.0, but on the other hand, If I want to add a field to MDO, maybe I will need to change the stepHandler class so... I guess that is why confirmed that I need those file... and therefore I need to request to SAP in order to get it and make the customization possible... But I'm not really sure... so at that point I got so confused that I realize I need to ask about this on another thread.

Please help me...

Best Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding \ Editing Screens, working on Action, Rules, and anything else on the Agentry Application doesn't need the Java Source code.

When you add new fields and need data from SAP, or changing adding new fields to transactions, or new transactions.  This is when you will need to make Java Changes.  While the Java Source isn't need for extending the Java Classes and the JavaDocs are provided.  They do help.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When I use SMP 3.0 with this Agentry App (Inventory Manager 4.0), Do I need to install ATE in order to test the configuration of the app? or Do I test it directly on physical device?

cc:

Best regards,

MC

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can  test IM 4.0 application directly on Mobile device if you have one.

BR,

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... I have one PDT WM 6.5 so I guess i will be testing with that one ... but If I didn't have one, is there a mechanism to test the App as there was with ATE? or ATE is not used anymore?

Another question: the customization of the App can be done with eclipse juno with agentry editor plug-ins for this versión (IM 4.0)? or they must be done with the SDK?

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ATE still can be used for the windows Mobile, but it would be best to test on the device itself.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

the customization of the App can be done with eclipse juno with agentry editor plug-ins for this versión (IM 4.0)? or they must be done with the Mobile SDK 3.0?

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

IM 4.0 is an Agentry application built on SMP 3.  You would use the Agentry Editor plugin that comes with the SMP 3 SDK and installed in Eclipse Juno.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to include two properties on Order Object for IM 4.0 app in order to make visible two additional fields on the order list screen. I have installed my development environment and import to eclipse the copy of the app project (all good). I saw that on Standard DataObject, both fields are included and with the active flag checked (so I guess the Steplet might read them without doing anything on the classes), but now I have to reference it on the object... but I dont know how were named those fields on the steplet class and I'm reading on the documentation I have and the newly properties name for the object must be the same as it was referenced on the class.... This means that I have to ask for the java classes in order to get the name and create the property with the correct name???

Or I must  create a custom POJO Class in order to manipulate this fields on the mobile app???

Or Is there a list where I can see what is the name of those fields on the steplet class???

BR,

MC

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This type of question you will need to get with your Account Executive to get a paper to ask for the product source code. This is like a paper you need to sign to have access to it and if you do there is some claim that you are in charge of any changes tied to it and something that SAP is not in charge of it if something goes wrong (that is based on how I read it before). Think of it like a car you need to tweak to improve performance and you need to get the spec (Once you touch it you own the customization). With the source code, this will pretty much answer your questions about what the names are. I normally point people to the AE as they are responsible (I think) on knowing what access the customer has.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (Mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

I found a javaDocs for IM 4.0 at the Service Marketplace!!!... So I guess If I'm just extending and I won't change the base functionality, with those java docs I will see what is implemented on the base classes and extend it accordingly (add fields) without the need to ask the java source code... ... Don´t I?

BR,

MC

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is how they designed those java to be used. Our product team ask the users to extend it. But normally from experience, most customers/integrator still goes the can I have a copy of the source code route.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extending it is the expected way to go, as it make it easier to change the custom code later, or even see what what changed to move the changes to a later version on upgrade.  It helps to get the Source code to see what is in the base product to only add what is needed and to see how the base code does changes to the data for debugging.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide the links for the Java Docs? Or the location path?

That would be useful for us too.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can find these java docs at:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/instguides

SAP Mobile -> SAP Inventory Manager -> SAP Inventory Manager 4.0

add me as a connection to send you a direct message...

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going to take a moment and gives you all a thank you guys for helping me on this journey with SAP WHM 1.0 (SAP IM 4.0... well you know )... I have finish almost all my work and ... and I have learned a little bit on the ride.

without your guidance ... would have been almost impossible to accomplish this goal

All seems to be OK and we will preparing for golive soon!!!

Thank you all:

BR,

Mariana

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations Mariana!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

I would suggest requesting the java source code if you plan on making any java customizations.  It would be very difficult if not impossible to extend the existing classes without being able to see the original source.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP