cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Viewer on webforms rendering issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a crystal report that loads on an aspnet web page. The report contains many pages which display correctly, however intermittently some pages will overflow into the next page and cut off. The report has a page break by customer and following pages will display correctly.

I have two screenshots, note that on the viewer there is a gap between the top table and the bottom list, however when printed or exported to PDF, there is no gap.

We have tried all the page settings and could not get rid of the extra gap in the report and prevent the cut off at the bottom of the report.

Notes:

1. when the crystal report is exported to PDF or printed, ALL pages print correctly including the pages that do not display correctly (see attachment)

2. we are using crystal runtime 13.0.10 and have tried previous versions as well which have the same problem

3. Attached is a copy of the crystal report

4. Screenshots below - red section is my comments

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Screenshot 1: Crystal viewer showing gap between top and bottom table and data cut off at bottom

Screenshot 2: PDF export or print version is correctly rendered

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

It would be great to see the report, however I don't see it attached. Please follow these steps:

rename the report to .txt. Then click on the Use advanced editor link and attach the txt file. It will get zipped up automatically. Please make sure the report has saved data.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,  Thank you for the quick response. I have attached the file as requested with saved data. There are two pages in the report.

Note that the problem where there is an extra gap and the report cuts off at the bottom of the second page only happens in the web viewer ( We have tried: Google chrome, IE11)

When viewing the data in the designer, exporting to PDF or printing, the report displays without the gap and does not cut off at the bottom of the second page - which is correct.

Some additional notes

The web server is using IIS7 and another web server with IIS7.5 has the same problem (Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012 Server)

Crystal run-time 13.0.10 32 bit and 64 bit has the same problem

Crystal report designed in Crystal Reports 2008

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

I'm not able to see the report in an app as it prompts me for parameters. I think to stop it from prompting I need you to drill down into Group header #1A, then go to page 2, then save the report an reattach it. That may stop it from prompting.

Oh, and drill into the subreport too please.

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Attached is the file with Group #1A page 2 data.  Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't get the issue at all:

The typical issue in cases like this is the printer driver. The report is using a default printer driver. So the next tests would be:

Different default printer driver.

See if there are any updates for the current default printer driver.

Do not use something like XPS or PDF drivers as default.

Oh - what version of IE are you using? Can you try Firefox?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

We have tried different printers and page settings/Sizes and we still cannot get rid of the GAP. We tried using IE10, 11 and Google Chrome but the gap is still there. Seems like this is only in the web viewer.

I moved the cross-tab section to be inside another sub-report and this resolved the gaps in the web viewer. Attached is the changed crystal file with saved data.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)