Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to transform a SAP end user to a consultant ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

After working as a SAP SD consultant,I realized a need for training SAP aspirants.But,focused only on a few SAP end users locally in Hyd, as the jargon

and concepts were best suited for end users who work on live data ! Today with 10+ yrs SAP recruiting experience,  I wish to address this national demand (in India firstly) by locating near the end users community / location ( North India).

I am open to  valuable suggestions / inputs related to training content ex: ASAP methodology ?

Regards.

DESH

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Desh,

Your objective with this thread and your larger goal is not clear!

What do you want from members? Please frame some questions.

TW

0 Kudos

I wish to learn if there is any specific training material on ASAP methodology which could be downloaded for training SAP end users in India.Secondly,how will a SAP implementation partner

(in India) rate a SAP end user (involved in implementation cycle) with ASAP methodology knowledge?

In my opinion ,such profiles may start with support jobs.

Regards.

DESH 

0 Kudos

Hi Desh,

There are lot of documents available in SAP Service Marketplace if you have S user id.  If you have already done a certification or working for implementation partner then you get this S user id to login into SAP Service Marketplace.

SAP ASAP methodology comes with SAP Solution Manager, so you can check through SAP Solution Manager this ASAP methodology.

In India, All CMMI level companies have their own delivery methodologies as per my knowledge, so 90% of the time they won't adopt SAP ASAP methodology... Either they go with Client methodology or sell their own implementation or support methodologies or different framework.

At the outset, it is not mandatory to have this but if you have knowlege in delivery methodology framework like Waterfall, Scrum, Agile that would be added advantage.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Desh,

SAP end users with ASAP knowledge will not be treated differently, they will be considered as end users. It will be difficult to break in to the SAP market.

TW

0 Kudos

TW,

Thanks for your opinion.I still feel the end users(Trained in ASAP) are best suited for support

jobs.

Regards.

DESH

0 Kudos

Desh,

Your inner conviction and perseverance are the most important things.

If you believe and work hard, you will succeed in SAP.

Good luck!

TW

0 Kudos

TW,

In your opinion,what is demand for training users at client premises to transform them into

say techno functional consultants.This way,the client may save money by resolving issues

in-house and not outsourcing to consulting firms.

DESH