cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI-ECC Integration -SLD Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, We are facing issue with SLD setup while connecting our PI(Java only 7.4) system with ECC(EHP7). We have a central SLD(standalone java system) in our landscape to which all systems are connected.(Solman SLD has a two way SLD bridge with this central SLD). I have setup a SLDbridge between central SLD & PI local SLD to transfer technical system data to PI SLD and transfer is successful. I have created a business system for ECC in PI SLD. Since ECC is connected to central SLD, SLDCHECK is failing as it is not able to retrieve business system details(Its trying to retireve from connected central SLD but business system is in Pi SLD). Since it is not possible to transfer business system & other PI data via SLDbridge to central SLD, request you to suggest how can I resolve this problem? Thanks, Ari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When ever there is Automatic bridge forwarding setup used, only data forward by data suppliers will be reflected . Manually created data like Business systems have to manually exported/imported into the target SLD's.

But if you are going for PI monitoring activities , then there might be an issue in the LMDB because not all PI data will be forwarded , in this case a full content sync or export import of Landscape data in SLD will work.

please refer to the SLD topology blog might be useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried exporting of business system from PI and importing it into central SLD. It didnot work as only business system was imported with no connection to integration server.

Can anyone suggest what needs to be done in a scenario like this? (When ECC is connected to central SLD and PI SLD is fed with data from central SLD through SLDbridge.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A full bidirectional content sync of PI SLD to Central SLD will also bring both automatically (data supplier) and manually created data into central SLD.

Also procedure mentioned in the note 1781148 can be useful in your case, which will bring all PI associated data, associations and business can be be mapped to the integration server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont want to opt full bidirectional content sync of PI SLD to Central SLD as central SLD is the master SLD and already automatic forwarding(SLDbridge) is configured to update technical systems data from central SLD to PI SLD.

If I opt the option of export/import of data from PI SLD to central SLD, how can it be done?

Can I export only PI related configuration(business system, XI domain ..) to central SLD?

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see your point, follow the procedure mentioned in the note 1781148- export Landscape Data only. You may have to remove ECC technical system in PI SLD once before you do export and after import into central SLD then connect the bridge forward once again. Make sure CR patch level is same on both SLD's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the ECC system version ?

BR

SS