cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to hide a button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to hide a button "Delete item" in a standard portal. The standard component name is /PLMU/WDC_ECR_CHG_OBJECTS.

In this component there is a view V_CHG_ITEM_OBJECTS. In the wddo_init method this button has been added dynamically. If i comment this code then the application is giving a dump saying this button is not found while get_property.

So i wanted to know if this button is been configured in the FPM config. I wanted to know how do i find  this config. If i go to the comp interfaces tab i see this implemented. IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK. Also if i right clink on the portal i see this configuration id ZPLMUI_WDC_ECR_APP_OIF_CFG. I tried going inside this comp configuration but i am not able to trace that button . I see a UIBB as a view in that .

Pls help. I am quite new to FPM.

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can control the visibility in two ways.

1. If this button is dynamically created, then write your own code in WDDOINIT to make that into Invisible.

2. Else, the simplest way is, execute the configuration as 'Execute in Administrator mode' and control the UI visibility property by selecting the Invisible radio button.

You can see my post below for further ref.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/e-recruiting/blog/2013/10/18/e-recruitment-create-requisition-u...

Guess it helps you.

BR,

RAM.